Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to build a monster all-motor setup and remain semi-daily driveable, what size ITBs should I go with? 48mm? 52mm? I'm still learning the basics of ITBs so help out! :D

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
TeamPacman said:
52mm is fine..48's are toooo small..
what do you think about 54mm?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
How much did you guys pay for your ITB setups?

$2500 ?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
damn I'm gonna have to start a group buy of my own... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
I am actually looking in to getting the Hayward performance setup. i want to be able to run my P/S with the ITB's. They said you can with the Hayward setup...

they might fit under the hood as well... I know they were made to fit under the RSX hood :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
if you have an eg you will have to dent the inner webbing of the hood frame to fit them. not bad though..

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts
itbs are the way to go. i never thought of calling the company to see if they had any gb specials. that's really coo non vetc.

hey jon v if you do call hayward. let me know how it turns out.

man all this itb talk is making me hungry.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jon v said:
I am actually looking in to getting the Hayward performance setup. i want to be able to run my P/S with the ITB's. They said you can with the Hayward setup...

they might fit under the hood as well... I know they were made to fit under the RSX hood :D
werd, I'm wanting the Haywards over the TWMs, may lose a few hp but at least I won't have to cut the hood and lose P/S :D

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
98specR said:
itbs are the way to go. i never thought of calling the company to see if they had any gb specials. that's really coo non vetc.

hey jon v if you do call hayward. let me know how it turns out.

man all this itb talk is making me hungry.
I have actually been talking to Lance through E-mails recently. he gave me about a $2500 quote. That was a little more than I was expecting. I didn't ask about a possible group buy, but if there is enough of us that are actually interested I will pitch the idea...

:cool:

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
evilxkid said:
if you have an eg you will have to dent the inner webbing of the hood frame to fit them. not bad though..
I take it you already have the kit? How do you like it?

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
The reason why you cannot get better pricing on the haywards is that he split the mold costs with hytech so the price is set... Also I think $2500 doesn;t include injectors... Correct?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
nikos said:
The reason why you cannot get better pricing on the haywards is that he split the mold costs with hytech so the price is set... Also I think $2500 doesn;t include injectors... Correct?
Yes that is right. No injectors...

SO when you are done, you are looking at around $3100 with a fuel regulator...

But ya it does look nice.. :up:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.