Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wondering what shifter u guys are running in ur cars i have a dc2 that im just about to swap a k20a2 in and need advice on what shifter i was thinking of waiting for the hybrid 1 but how is the karcepts.. Give ur feed back thanks...

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
karcepts is great . ill be doing my 2nd k car in the spring will be getting another karcepts shifter box .

·
Registered
900 Posts
I just wondering what shifter u guys are running in ur cars i have a dc2 that im just about to swap a k20a2 in and need advice on what shifter i was thinking of waiting for the hybrid 1 but how is the karcepts.. Give ur feed back thanks...
The karcepts plate is not a shifter. It's merely an adapter. You can bolt up any rsx-style shifter to it (oem rsx, buddy club, revo, etc). The shifter we're coming out with bolts up to the chassis, requires no adapters or cutting, and all you need to use it is either a set of OEM rsx shifter cables or our shifter cables. :up:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well thats why i was asking people to find out what the deal is when do think ur guys product will be coming out i heard the end of last month but nothing yet right???? Let me know cause i really don't want to hack my car up to put the karcepts 1 in...thanks ~Tim

·
Registered
900 Posts
Well thats why i was asking people to find out what the deal is when do think ur guys product will be coming out i heard the end of last month but nothing yet right???? Let me know cause i really don't want to hack my car up to put the karcepts 1 in...thanks ~Tim
We hope to be doing the last few tests in the next few weeks. Just keep an eye on the shifter thread or sign up to our mailing list at hybridracing.com :up:

·
Registered
429 Posts
i'd go with the hybrid kit just so you wouldn't have to cut anything...i hate cutting the car up. if they only had mounts that didn't need the cut off the passenger mount. but.............the karcepts and oem box and cables are a lil cheaper. i saw that the hybrid one is 350 and cables r 350 (correct me if im wrong) and karcepts kit with oem box and cables can be found for like 250

·
Registered
900 Posts
i'd go with the hybrid kit just so you wouldn't have to cut anything...i hate cutting the car up. if they only had mounts that didn't need the cut off the passenger mount. but.............the karcepts and oem box and cables are a lil cheaper. i saw that the hybrid one is 350 and cables r 350 (correct me if im wrong) and karcepts kit with oem box and cables can be found for like 250
Close, price is set at $359.99.

As for getting a karcepts kit, OEM box and cables for 250, it's possible, but only if you get everything used. If you want all that stuff new, expect to pay $160 for the karcepts plate, anywhere from $90-$150 for an rsx-style shifter depending on which one you get, and then another $280 for OEM cables. So you're looking at $250-$310 for just the karcepts adapter and shifter, and at best you can get a little adjustment in the front/back throw, but not nearly as much adjustment as is available in our design.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I´ve done 3swaps, and I have succesivly used both Accord 94-97 shifters and Accord 90-93 shifters and wires. I think the 90-93 has a bite more feeling into it. I really like that, and its cheap too, I´ve been paying $40 for a used shifter and cables.

·
Registered
21,787 Posts
Stock RSX-S with shifter extender and Mugen Knob. best combo ever. Stock is quite short to begin with:up:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We hope to be doing the last few tests in the next few weeks. Just keep an eye on the shifter thread or sign up to our mailing list at hybridracing.com

Very nice man can't wait for the new shifter to come out i saw the vid and it looks great u guys are doing big things can't wait till it comes out cause im def. getting 1...:up::up:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts