Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2002 DC5 Type S
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the preferred Terminal Release Tool? I lost my el-cheapo set in the middle of the work I am doing. Taking the time to get a better kit..Any suggestions?

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
9,425 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
9,425 Posts
I would be a dead man if I had all that laying on the dining room table :ROFLMAO:
Yeap, it misses a 30+ female touch 😋. Looks like highly extended workshop zone.

But anyway, you can either go with an more expensive Kimiss or an 15 USD you get almost everywhere where you get tools for cars. ISO standard terminals would be good as an specification.

·
Super Moderator
2002 DC5 Type S
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But anyway, you can either go with an more expensive Kimiss or an 15 USD you get almost everywhere where you get tools for cars. ISO standard terminals would be good as an specification.
right on..

·
Registered
445 Posts
I used a sharpened (professional dental style) pick for all the Yazaki & Sumitomo connectors - most of the 'release tools' are crap. The only one that really needs the correct tool to remove are the ECU (AMP 040 series) terminals

I'm in the middle of adding wiring to my build - I want the RSX cruise control, and needed to have some extra wires for DTR

Hood Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive design

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle door Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
10,680 Posts
There is a section in the beginning of the electrical trouble shooting manual with pictures and Honda part numbers of the terminal tools and how to depin various connectors. Also VTEC academy (aka Brian from hasport) has at least one video covering the process as well on YouTube.

·
Registered
445 Posts
There is a section in the beginning of the electrical trouble shooting manual with pictures and Honda part numbers of the terminal tools and how to depin various connectors. Also VTEC academy (aka Brian from hasport) has at least one video covering the process as well on YouTube.
Is that linked somewhere? I only have the RSX service manual, which does not have that info (that I can find). Always good to have more research documents

·
Registered
445 Posts
@Them Witches - the other thing you want is good electrical tape - Coroplast makes the best fabric electrical tape, matches the EU market factory versions - the glue doesn't melt like 3M electrical tape when subjected to bay heat.

"fabric tape with fleece 8551" for cabin side looms
"coroplast automotive adhesive tape PET 837x" for bay side

·
Premium Member
10,680 Posts
Is that linked somewhere? I only have the RSX service manual, which does not have that info (that I can find). Always good to have more research documents

I will get the post updated this evening. Only on phone at the moment. Will get PDF scans uploaded to k20a so we don't lose them in the future.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
9,425 Posts
I will get the post updated this evening.
That was a long evening or your wife occupied you all the time :p.

Beside that upper quality and price level for car workshop applications is Hazet (German company for high end automotive tools). To get an idea of it: Elektrik ∙ Batteriedienst - Kontakte ∙ Steckverbindungen | Spezialwerkzeuge | Produkte | HAZET-WERK - Hermann Zerver GmbH & Co. KG cost about 370 Euro without shipping. That is what you may find in OE dealer ships. @drtye what do they use at AMG? My buddy, a VAG guy use a lot of tools from HAZET, they have a program also for specific tools, VAG is using a lot of specific tools.

·
Premium Member
10,680 Posts
Long week yes. I have a 6 page pdf but it's too big to upload. Annoying. I'll dig into it a bit more. Still no desktop so it's extra clunky. Still haven't found the list of oem terminals tooling for Honda. Have a list of part umbers somewhere.

Yes hazet produces the oem terminal tools for MB/AMG. Hella expensive but soo soo nice.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
9,425 Posts
Long week yes. I have a 6 page pdf but it's too big to upload.
Fine :). You can send it per Email to me, I will upload it here if you like.

Yes hazet produces the oem terminal tools for MB/AMG. Hella expensive but soo soo nice.
I just mentioned them as @Them Witches likes the cool tooling stuff, to show him the top dog level parts. My buddy has many of those, shortly his year long pneumatic screw driver from HAZET made his last inhale, he said this tool, which was in action for years every workday (incl. Saturday's) was such a duration monster.

·
Premium Member
10,680 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,680 Posts
07QAZ-003020A is the base part number for the Honda terminal tool. I think that it subs to a C ending that includes both tools a and b but not sure. Haven't had a chance to dig through some more stuff I have squirreled away (on a computer that is not working at the moment).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts