Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

201 - 220 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have a 00 civic coupe and im swapping in a k20a2 with ekk2 mounts and eg subframe what axles do i use? i have a set of rsx axles but im assuming i cant use those. sorry if this has already been covered a million times im a noob to the k world.

·
Registered
42 Posts
they are type s axles i may be going 5 lug if remember right karcepts does not make the adapters for 5 lug. i really dont want to be chasing around used axles at junk yards for the joints. is there any other option besides the karcept hubs incase i do decide to go 5 lug. i will more than likely run 4 lug for awhile right now just looking for other options.thanks for the help

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dr Honda... I just read through this thread and I must say... THANK YOU. :up: Planning my k-swap into my EK coupe and I'm trying to trim down on my previously covered questions ha

·
Registered
87 Posts
So after putting on all necessary hardware from a DC2 in an EK chassis, the only things left "EK" are top control arm, knuckle (bearing and hub includded).

Right? 'cause with the lower control arm from a DC2, axles for a eg/dc2, I can still use EK's bearing and hub right?

In a list format:

EK chassis:

eg/DC2 cross member
eg/DC2 steering rack
eg/DC2 lca
eg ready axles
EK top control arm
EK knuckle
EK wheel bearing
EK hub

Am I missing something?

201 - 220 of 239 Posts