Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

181 - 200 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
hi. i have an ekk2 swap in with eg lca's. these lca's don't have connections for a sway bar. i guess not all eg lca's have sway bar connections? in that case, do i need to find dc lca's, or what will work? I would be very open to aftermarket lca's if they're lighter and stronger too, but i don't know if they exist, and i don't get a lot of time off from the navy to research. greatly appreciate any input.

i also heard there was a rumor of clearance issues with front sway bars and possibly headers? just a rumor.
Yes you need to get dc lca's. Omni power makes an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
From Poison:

The subframes themselves are the same. As well as the mounting points to the steering rack where the rack/pinion is are the same.

The only difference between the two is the welded bracket on the passenger side where the clamp is -- because a power steering rack is bigger in diameter than a non-power steering rack.

You can install a non-power steering rack on a power steering subframe, but not visa-versa.

I had a nonpower steering rack on my 92 VX H22 powered, and got a 92 DX with power steering for my k20 project. I just used an energy suspension poly-urethane bushing to pick up the slack.

Pics:

Power steering rack on top, non-power steering on bottom:

Comparing the two clamps:

The ES poly bushing in the power steering rack clamp:

I cut the bushing to fit it on the subframe:

And mounted:

What Bushing was used?! I need to know ASAP!

·
Registered
4 Posts
any help...which U joint or knuckle should i use for ek without ps with dc ps rack and pinion....?// or do i have to get a eg pinion without ps...?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Quick question I was wondering which hardware is interchangeable from the ek subframe/rack set-up to the eg set-up. I had all my eg stuff powder coated and I have majority of the hardware I just think I may be missing some. I have eg/dc bolts to hold up the subframe I was just wondering which hardware is interchangeable between the two.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Quick question I was wondering which hardware is interchangeable from the ek subframe/rack set-up to the eg set-up. I had all my eg stuff powder coated and I have majority of the hardware I just think I may be missing some. I have eg/dc bolts to hold up the subframe I was just wondering which hardware is interchangeable between the two.
i just did this swap on mine. The shock forks are interchangeable, thats it. And i used a mixture of ek and eg bolts to put the subframe back up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok so I have read this over thoroughly. I am having a hard time finding a manual EG rack and crossmember. I am leaning towards going through the dealer, however I trying to look at the picture diagram and find out what it is I exactly need. I am on the majestic honda site and here is the product number 106242. It says bulkhead, it incorporates member set, cross member set, stay set, and the panel sets. Is that the complete crossmember setup for an EG, another issue is that, this member setup isn't specified to be manual or not. I am also seeing the steering gearbox as product number 105386. Is that the whole thing I need or is it just the rack itself? Again this site doesn't say anything about the steering rack being manual or power steering. I currently don't have power steering in my EK and plan on using the Hybrid mounts. Hopefully someone on here could help clarify this.

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Ok so I have read this over thoroughly. I am having a hard time finding a manual EG rack and crossmember. I am leaning towards going through the dealer, however I trying to look at the picture diagram and find out what it is I exactly need. I am on the majestic honda site and here is the product number 106242. It says bulkhead, it incorporates member set, cross member set, stay set, and the panel sets. Is that the complete crossmember setup for an EG, another issue is that, this member setup isn't specified to be manual or not. I am also seeing the steering gearbox as product number 105386. Is that the whole thing I need or is it just the rack itself? Again this site doesn't say anything about the steering rack being manual or power steering. I currently don't have power steering in my EK and plan on using the Hybrid mounts. Hopefully someone on here could help clarify this.
You need to look up a model that only came with non-powersteering if you want to get a non-powersteering rack.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used the 92 CX as my model selection, however, I think PS was still an option. I know my EK had power steering and it was optioned on the dealer tag. I am having a very difficult time trying to sift through these online catalogs and get what is needed. I wish I could post up a link to the site so you can view the image to see what I am talking about. I guess I am going to be on my way to the dealer to ask someone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
some of the pictures dont work anymore....

and where can i get all the parts necessary for the ekk2?
junkyard? or what if i want them new?..:confused:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Since avid doesnt respond to PMs or Emails and no one has really given me a straight answer. i want to know if these avid mounts are for the eg subframe or not, if not can i pull this swap off with an EG swap header?

·
k20a.orgy
2,954 Posts
ek manual steering knuckle vs. dc2 power steering knuckle.

pic is of the rack-n-pinion shaft side. as you can see, the dc2 PS knuckle r-n-p side is larger. the steering column side is the same on both from what i can tell.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i have a issue i got a subframe from a GSR i tried test fitting it onto the car and the holes in the front line up but the 3 holes on the subframe doesnt line up with e 3 holes on the frame of the car.

will it matter because the subframe im using was from a GSR and had power steering? or do i need to use a non power steering subframe?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Im looking at doing a kswap in the near future, and im wondering if there is any sort of clearance issues using the ekk2 mounts in a civic equipped with ABS?

·
Registered
501 Posts
ok im going to do this soon i have sourced all my parts in less than two weeks still waiting on parts and picking up the motor tomorrow cant wait!!!!!! hope fully i can swap it this week!!!!

181 - 200 of 239 Posts