Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to know what f/p you guys are using in your setups. Are you using the stock f/p for your chassis? The RSX pump? Or aftermarket?

Reactions: elvin.peralta

·
Registered
414 Posts
Stock pump will work fine,but I usually go with a Walbro 255lph...they're only about $90 and help assure the stock,old pump wont go out and will flow enough to meet any future fuel needs.

I havent tried it,but I have heard that hte stock RSX pump isnt Plug and play,so isnt really worth the trouble.

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts
fearless_dsm said:
Stock pump will work fine,but I usually go with a Walbro 255lph...they're only about $90 and help assure the stock,old pump wont go out and will flow enough to meet any future fuel needs.

I havent tried it,but I have heard that hte stock RSX pump isnt Plug and play,so isnt really worth the trouble.
the walbro should do it.

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vuaccordla said:
i used the rsx-s fuel pump for my k20a2. pumps looks identical compared to the civic's.
Identical to a 94 Civic CX's pump?

·
Registered
458 Posts
TrueZen said:
Identical to a 94 Civic CX's pump?
yeah looks alike, believe its made by denson. You can also get a walbro 255 fpr under a 100 bucks.

Pulled it out of my cousin car. Same car I have the engine from. All you do is transfer everything from your civic to the new pump. the rsx assembly had a lot of plastic pieces, so rip the guts and there the pump sits.

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No EG?

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, so it's looking like I'll end up going the Walbro route. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
thread resurrection..

Just some FYI....

Being that the factory long life/reliable and QUIET honda pumps are made by Denso, I got curious if they offered higher LPH pumps... and they do! They can be found on other import cars such as the EVO 8, A80 Supra, 3000 GT VR4, and several others in various rated LPH's. Most of these share the same body as a Honda pump so its a drop-in affair. As far as them handling e85/flex fuels etc I'm unsure.

It seems the denso pump from the A80 supra is the goto which can also be purchased pre-modified and gets bumped from around 277lph to 300-390lph.

Some of the Denso pumps on said vehicles seem to be unavailable new unless bought used from a crashed donor if say you wanted a certain LPH rated pump thats lower than 270 but higher than a factory civic/integra pump, such as the EVO 8 pump thats rated at 190lph.

links and deets here:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.