Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
og_eg_rip said:
The RSX setup doesn't have a return line, thats why your car is running like a$$.
We are not new to this.
And how do you think this would affect idle and vacuum? If you have a constant pressure then I dont understand why it would surge, other than a signal from the ecu. How did you setup you system? Do you have the FPR before, or after the fuel rail?
The guys in the 1992+ civic forum are talkin about similar stuff, and seem to have some solutions.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Are you guys talking about having a vaccuum line run from the fpr? The nipple on the right side?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I usually run about 50psi of fuel pressure,and on N/a engines I rarely ever connect the vacuum hose.No reason really,just like to keep things constant when tuning.When the hose is disconnected,the fuel pressure stays at the set pressure,when connected,it drops the idle fuel pressure and slowly raises back up to preset pressure as the throtle is opened.
Didnt know that, good 2 know tho.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Isn't the vacuum line for idle and low load? If you kept constant 60psi When you are at light throttle / cruise your engine is pulling a lot of vacuum, that vacuum is actually sucking more fuel out of the injector than the 60psi you think it's at. Or diff altitudes? The atmospheric pressure plays a part As well. The vacuum line helps keep accurate fuel pressures Unless it's becuaseracecar

·
Registered
9 Posts
I usually run about 50psi of fuel pressure,and on N/a engines I rarely ever connect the vacuum hose.No reason really,just like to keep things constant when tuning.When the hose is disconnected,the fuel pressure stays at the set pressure,when connected,it drops the idle fuel pressure and slowly raises back up to preset pressure as the throtle is opened.
A

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are you running a fuel return line with that regulator ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok so I have a K24a2 in my 93 Coupe ex. I have the Hybrid racing Fuel rail and Fuel pressure Regulator. My fuel freed is -6an and my return is -6 as well. I have Gram performance 1000cc injectors, where should I set my fuel pressure for initial startup?

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,069 Posts
Ok so I have a K24a2 in my 93 Coupe ex. I have the Hybrid racing Fuel rail and Fuel pressure Regulator. My fuel freed is -6an and my return is -6 as well. I have Gram performance 1000cc injectors, where should I set my fuel pressure for initial startup?
You need to tell us if it get a forced induction or not, depending on your fuel line up (dead end, circuit, ...).

·
Registered
81 Posts
They're only 1,000 cc injectors with a pressure difference of 43.5 psi (3 bar) between the fuel pressure in the rail and the pressure in the intake manifold. Where on the car did you put the pressure regulator, and is the vacuum port open to air or plugged into the intake manifold?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts