Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What fuel pressure are you guys using on your K20a swap... also isnt the fuel pressure constant and there is no need for the vaccum line? is there anyone not usin the vaccum line....how does it work out...

·
Registered
414 Posts
I usually run about 50psi of fuel pressure,and on N/a engines I rarely ever connect the vacuum hose.No reason really,just like to keep things constant when tuning.When the hose is disconnected,the fuel pressure stays at the set pressure,when connected,it drops the idle fuel pressure and slowly raises back up to preset pressure as the throtle is opened.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you guys have idle problems? mine coming to a stop idles high then lowers after a couple of seconds....does that happend to you guys without the vaccum hooked up?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Usually when I have the vacuum port of the regulator connected,the engine idles slightly higher.
When driving hard or revving high,the engine will idle at around 1500 rpm for a couple of seconds though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
which vaccuum line are you guys talking sbout disconnecting? the fuel pressure one or another one? should you leave the line open or plug it up?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
K20DC2R said:
do you guys have idle problems? mine coming to a stop idles high then lowers after a couple of seconds....does that happend to you guys without the vaccum hooked up?
I've seen brian g mention a few times, that hooking up the vacuum line to the FPR will make the K series ECU "freak out"???

·
NOR*CAL
941 Posts
i run with the vacum line fuel pressure is set about 60psi. runs good. sometimes idle will get about 1200-1500, and drops as soon as i come to a full stop.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
allmtrallday said:
i run with the vacum line fuel pressure is set about 60psi. runs good. sometimes idle will get about 1200-1500, and drops as soon as i come to a full stop.
same as mine i hate that shhh.... the k20/k24/d17 are supposed to run high constant fuel pressure..... how was cmi neil?? good job on the 12.1.........props!!!!

·
NOR*CAL
941 Posts
katman said:
I'm running 60psi thanks to RyanR's dyno results (gained 5hp by raising FPR to 60psi).

Using an SX fpr and no vaccum line connected to vaccum nipple.
yup! thats what everyone will find once they hit the dyno! :wink:

·
Registered
254 Posts
i ask will at hybrid racing and he said just plug up the nipple,
hmm my engine is not in so i can't confirm wich is better.
also anything still connect vacume lines to the civic evap canisters?

·
Registered
648 Posts
You do not use a vacuum line on top of the fuel press regulator. you leave it alone. K-series do not use vacuum like B/H/D series

1 - 20 of 33 Posts