Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
im guessing -8an to -8an adaptor. depends on fuel rail size ans regulator size.

·
Registered
900 Posts
No one knows?
If the fuel rail has a -8an inlet/outlet like ours does, then you'll need the standard fitting that is supplied with most k-series aftermarket fuel rails. It should be a -8 ORB / -6AN adapter (although most websites will refer to it as a -8AN/-6AN adapter). The -8 side will go in the rail; the -6 side will go in the FPR. The "hose" fitting as you described it is the -6 fitting side. When an AN fitting is used on anything other than a hose, it's necessary to use an o-ring on the fitting. This type of joint is called an "ORB" (O Ring Boss) type fitting. Typically, there should be a chamfer on the female side that the o-ring disappears into when the fitting is tightened. Some companies do not mill in this chamfer, which is OK in most cases. If the chamfer is not there, then you need to be careful not to overtighten the fitting, because if you do overtighten it, the o-ring will squeeze out and the joint will leak. I think AEM FPR's do not have the chamfer I described, so you'll want to be careful when you tighten the fitting into the regulator.

Did I miss anything? In most cases, fuel rails are supplied with the necessary -8/-6 adapters (ours are supplied with 2 of those, as well as 2 -8 plugs and a 1/8" npt plug), so you may very well have the fitting you need already.

peace,
russ

·
Registered
900 Posts
No one knows?
So I can use this http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=EAR-985068ERL&FROM=MG and just put and ORB ring on the hose side (the side that goes into the regulator)? Will it cause any problems doing it that way? I can't find fitting with straight male adapters on both ends w/ o-ring.
That's exactly the fitting I was referring to. Just check to make sure your rail uses a -8 fitting and the fpr uses a -6 fitting. You'll have to get an appropriately sized, fuel safe o-ring to put on the -6 side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts