Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've seen pictures of the before and after and I don't know, maybe I'm not a visual learner by any means but I'm just not seeing it. Can anyone explain what you have to do with the passenger side mount to get it to mount correctly for the K20A2? Pics would be nice, but text is better.

Oh, I'm in the middle of the swap too, so any speedy responses will be much appreciated, thanks guys.

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
If you have a EG 92-95 civic, you will have to drill out the spot welds on the mount.... Meaning.... after you pull out your motor, you will notice how the mount is attached to your chassis and you will see that there are lil spots on the mount. Thopse are called spot welds, thats the only thing holding up the mounts. So what you do is go out to your hardware store, buy a "Spot Weld Remover" roughly the same size as those spots on your mount, and then slap it onto a drill and you just drill out each spot weld. Once you got that done, you a pry bar, and the mount should fall right out.

If you have a EK96-2000 civic, you will not have to drill anything out....you just bolt on everything..... ANd this would be for all the HASPORT mounts, i cant speak for any other mount company....

·
Registered
475 Posts
good info...Dam I could almost see it as I read...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.