Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I’m not installing a dash . So codeS won’t be a problem uNless they won’t make the engine run well. Not to many accura for sale cheap in St. Louis. So I might have to eBay one then buy an ecm separate. To much to think about. I’ll have to learn About how to k tune and stuff

·
Registered
78 Posts
I’m not installing a dash . So codeS won’t be a problem uNless they won’t make the engine run well. Not to many accura for sale cheap in St. Louis. So I might have to eBay one then buy an ecm separate. To much to think about. I’ll have to learn About how to k tune and stuff
I don't believe the transmission codes affects the way it runs, I know a few people who used an auto ECU with no problems other than the error codes. A Kpro ECU isn't necessary, but it would make your life a lot easier if you can afford one since it allows you to easily turn the immobilizer off so it will start. Some of the JDM ECUs don't have immobilizers either and I have bought them as cheap as $15 shipped.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I’d still have to program that immobilizer to my ecu wouldn’t I?
If you take the whole ignition switch with its immobilizer module and key and wire it into the ECU you won't. The key, immobilizer module, and ECU must match, so you would need to get it all from the same car. If you get Kpro you can disable the immobilizer with the software and it will start with no programming required. If you get a JDM ECU without an immobilizer you just plug it in and it starts.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think you can order it from another country, because it is a rare car here and it would be very hard to find one.
If you are referring to the JDM ECU, they aren't that hard to get here in America. I have a few Honda Stream, Edix, and Stepwagon ECU's that I got on eBay for between $15 and $20 shipped.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,578 Posts
@1Amalia1 and @BlueES1 please go back to the topic.
@DoughJoes for what domestic market are you looking for. The 5th and 6th generation Accord was sold in Europe. So the engines would be different to the USDM market, where it was sold under the name Acura TSX but with different engines. Could you please clarify this?

·
Registered
78 Posts
@1Amalia1 and @BlueES1 please go back to the topic.
@DoughJoes for what domestic market are you looking for. The 5th and 6th generation Accord was sold in Europe. So the engines would be different to the USDM market, where it was sold under the name Acura TSX but with different engines. Could you please clarify this?
The European and Japanese equivalent of the American 04-08 TSX is called the Honda Accord Type S. The motor is the same as the one that comes in the American 04-05 TSX.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,578 Posts
The European and Japanese equivalent of the American 04-08 TSX is called the Honda Accord Type S. The motor is the same as the one that comes in the American 04-05 TSX.
Yes, almost the same. Differences are seen in ECU code (37820-RBB-A71 vs -E57) and engine code (K24A2 vs K24A3) and or course over the years (cable TB vs DBW). Therefore it might be of interest the DM.

@DoughJoes did you ask the car dealer about the engine? I found only V6 with EX...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts