1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Why do you wanna take it out?

·
Registered
620 Posts
i have mine hooked up to a catch can and the line blocked off on the intake but im on boost

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
ya dont hook that line up to the booster. i installed a catch can in between the 2 and there is ALOT of oil residue.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I have another question in reference to this.

I have 3 open ports on my engine but I dont know where they go.

1 of them appears to be right off my waterpump (not shown)

1 of them is circled yellow

1 of them is on the other side of the green circle, where do they all go?

·
HONDA HEAVEN RIP
2,754 Posts
I took off the original booster nipple. the one next to the TB. and I ran my booster to where the pcv used to go. with no pcv. 20k miles almost and no problems.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
i asked this b4. many ppl told me not to run the brake booster there because there is vacuum going in and out of there and it will have an effect on the brake booster if its hooked up there?

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
So what originally is supposed to go in the above mentioned locations? I am going to run the brake booster hose to its original location. I dont understand the yellow circle, green circle, and the nipple off the water pump.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I have another question in reference to this.

I have 3 open ports on my engine but I dont know where they go.

1 of them appears to be right off my waterpump (not shown)

1 of them is circled yellow

1 of them is on the other side of the green circle, where do they all go?

The yellow port goes to a vacumm line that goes to the intake air bypass valve on top of the water port on the front of the head to help with the injector fuel flow while the engine is cold. the green goes to a hose that attaches to the port on the water pump housing.

i purchased fittings to attatch to where the pcv valve goes into the water pump housing and am running a breather filter there and on the valve cover. i capped off all the ports on the intake manifold except for the brake booster line of course. i did this just to get a positive crankcase pressure and keep oil out of the intake manifold and engine. also keeps the engine bay alot simpler i think. i will soon be hooking up some sort of catch can once i plan it out.

·
Registered
395 Posts
If remove completely pcv and run line out with tube to atmosphere
there is a problem-issue with oil pressure?
I did it and lost oil pressure after a few kilometers( 1.1 bar pressure was lost throughout the rev range and idle 900rpm 1 bar oil pressure from 2.1 when oil is hot 80 deg.celsius.95-100 deg.0.9-0.8 bar)
I will put again pcv to make sure it is from this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts