Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are asking $6500 canadian for the whole swap. I am wondering if it would be better to get and H22 J-spec for $2400 (that's what they asked for) and use the extra money to turbo the engine. I am looking to build a car to have fun with on the summer weekends and run in the 12.0-12.5 second range. What do you guys think is my best option?
By the way, I have a 94 hatch that I will gut, lower, "roll-cage it" (LOL), and add some 17 altezzas!! (JUST KIDDING MAN :lol: )

·
Registered
44 Posts
what is that in american dollars?

also if you only want to run 12.0-12.5 there is no need for a roll bar at all, 11.99 to 10.00 you need at least a 5 point roll bar

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I have researched the price is pretty decent. Now, how about my original question? Build a turbo H22a with the spare money or go with K20a? What the better way t reach 12's? As far as the roll bar I think it will be needed b/c I am planning on putting fiberglass doors in it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd need more info as to what kinda budget you're on.. 4800 is a decent price for the swap, and you would need to know if the h22 is just a regular h22 or does it have the type s gearbox and lsd.. gearing is important along w/ lsd $2400 sounds a little low for a full type s swap.. and if you're deciding to go all motor, k20a's make more power easier than a h22 can..

·
Registered
35 Posts
and boosting/building a h22 can get expensive... but its a monster when its done right.. and also is it a open deck or closed deck h22? 12 second cars can be uncomfortable sometimes too if you're planning on taking the ladies out.. so I would keep the idea of nitrous open as well.. power when you need it.. and cruisin when you dont.. also if you were to go the nitrous route.. TUNE! if tuned properly.. nitrous can be reliable if the engine is put together right and tuned right.. theres a 12 second single cam civic coupe out here that has been running just fine for the past 2 years/40k miles without a hiccup and he beats his car up at the track every weekend.. its all in building and tuning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts