Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a muffler that not too many people have on the honda fit. What about a twin loop muffler? I know a few companys make them. are they any good?

·
Premium Member
19,965 Posts
Are these mufflers generally quieter?
yes...the exhaust goes through the muffler twice of I'm not mistaken..it's pretty much the same as having two mufflers.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had to replace the 3" straight through Magnaflow I had due to damage caused by a track incident:rolleyes: and decided to go with one of the OBX and holy crap it is so much better. I couldn't carry on a telephone conversation in my car at highway speeds before and now I can. It is a world of difference.

It cuts out on some of the high freq raspiness that I was getting too so it sounds better IMHO in addition to being quieter.

·
Registered
702 Posts
i have run a obx twin loop in the past too...its not durable as a real mugen twin loop.The packing inside of it will burn fast and you will be louder in no time.

For now i run a real mugen twin loop and to say the truth its the best muffler that i owned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re7_qyrW-Ec

video of my b series car with a mugen twin loop

·
Registered
614 Posts
i have run a obx twin loop in the past too...its not durable as a real mugen twin loop.The packing inside of it will burn fast and you will be louder in no time.

For now i run a real mugen twin loop and to say the truth its the best muffler that i owned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re7_qyrW-Ec

video of my b series car with a mugen twin loop
Where can you get just the Mugen twin loop muffler? How much would a used one be worth? Also what size tubing is it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
702 Posts
i bought mine at a jdm engine shop.You can look on ebay but they are always more expensive on ebay.For a nice and clean muffler you can pay 200-400$

·
Registered
156 Posts
Where did you get yours? I searched really quick on google and saw some people say it takes a month or two to get it from them direct.
I ordered mine directly from Hytech. Yes the wait time can be excessive. Mine took 5 months but I had a full header and exhaust made. I do have a twin-loop muffler and resonator mid-pipe for sale, but it is for a 08 4door si so I doubt it will fit. Your more than welcome to try though... :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
No worries. I really wasn't trying to pawn mine off on you. Just wanted to show how great the muffler looks. But it would be a good idea to place your order a few months before your ready, if you do decide to go the Hytech route.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts