Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only thing i have right now is the long block (k24a8) with A4 TB. If i go with a 5 speed accord trans, which engine harness and ecu will i need? If i go with an ep3 trans, which harness and ecu will i need? PLEASE HELP I've been researching for months on my kswap now and keep going back and forth on what to do. I know im going ep3 trans or accord trans.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,993 Posts
The only thing i have right now is the long block (k24a8) with A4 TB. If i go with a 5 speed accord trans, which engine harness and ecu will i need? If i go with an ep3 trans, which harness and ecu will i need? PLEASE HELP I've been researching for months on my kswap now and keep going back and forth on what to do. I know im going ep3 trans or accord trans.
You can use the original accord engine harness for ktuner , the transmission choice doesn’t matter aside from whether you want to wire in a 6 speed lockout or not. If you want to use kpro you will need an 02-04 rsx engine harness and ecu. 5 /6 speed engine harness from the rsx are the same aside from the reverse lockout plug. The accord and element harness’ are only compatible with ktuner ecu I believe.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,993 Posts
The transmission choice is dictated by your engine mounts. Accord has different ones than a rsx or civic si transmission which uses traditional k swap mounts. So if you choose the accord transmission you are choosing to stick with those in the future as well as a z3 style shifter setup.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The transmission choice is dictated by your engine mounts. Accord has different ones than a rsx or civic si transmission which uses traditional k swap mounts. So if you choose the accord transmission you are choosing to stick with those in the future as well as a z3 style shifter setup.
So I've made some progress. I purchased an element ecu with ktuner already installed. Now im confuesed with the wiring.

From what i understand, I have to rewire my 03-06 manual element harness to the same pin-out as the 05-06 rsx harness, then purchase a conversion harness and re-pin the conversion harness to be compatible with...something?
Do you have insight on this?

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,993 Posts
So I've made some progress. I purchased an element ecu with ktuner already installed. Now im confuesed with the wiring.

From what i understand, I have to rewire my 03-06 manual element harness to the same pin-out as the 05-06 rsx harness, then purchase a conversion harness and re-pin the conversion harness to be compatible with...something?
Do you have insight on this?
If you have a Honda Element harness and element ecu with ktuner installed already it should just plug and play as far as I know ? I’ve only used kpro personally but I did lightly look into the ktuner route. I will do some digging.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts