Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock ep3 and a jdm k20a what wiring harness and ecu do i need and were do i buy them?
im new to this and i dont have any idea about the details.

·
Registered
279 Posts
AFAIK the VTP switch is the only missing item. You should be able to run the JDM K20a as is on a EP3 harness. Then deactivate the VTP switch in your ECU. Or get an K20a2 VTEC block, that includes the VTP switch. Connected it and that’s it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
VTEC pressure. on the k20a2, the pressure needs to exceed a threshold before the hi cam can be engaged. you can only deactivate it in a programmable ECU or use the correct jdm PRC ECU

·
Registered
279 Posts
As the engine is hinter in compression and runs different cams than your former K20a2 in you EP3, you need a different map anyhow.
The only ways forward with decent support are a Hondata KPro or a Doctronic ECU (cheaper) or to get the correct PRC ECU. But this PRC ECU will be more expensive than the entire Doctronic ECU making your PRB pr PRA ECU programmable. KPro is more common in the US. In both, you can deactivate the VTP switch and apply the correct map for a JDM K20a.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pardon me from threadjacking but I didn't want to create another thread for this. I'm new to the site and I've been looking at K24s in the market and it seems like JDM K24A are the most common rather than the TSXs nowadays (i'm from US). Assuming I ended up with a High Comp RBB JDM K24A, aside from disabling the VTP for the JDM K24A, what else do I need to change to make it run like a stock TSX engine?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts