Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade my CC stage 4 that started slipping last time at the track. It has been in the car for a year and had held up pretty good up until then. I was going to go with a twin disk, but it seems that most people i know that have purchased them, then have removed them in favor of a conventional clutch shortly after or had severe problems with it. I guess I am torn between maybe a CC stage 5/ACT extreme 6 puck sprung and an exedy twin. My biggest fear is to spend $1600 on a clutch and then remove it a couple weeks later. I am also talking street/track car, not just track car. The car is also my daily driver. I went 10.69 (turbo k20 eg) and that is only the beginning with this car. So.....

So anyone running a twin disk and liking it/hating it?
or
What clutch are you guys running and do you like it?

THANKS

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Competition Clutch Twin Disk.

I love it. I have ran CC twin disk on my B series turbo and no on my K n/a.

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
I have a Clutch Net Kevlar clutch. It's been great for me thus far, but probably not ideal for a drag car. Check out their 6puck sprung hub + 3x Red pressure plate.

Every clutch I have ever had failed b/c of clutch springs popping out, not from wearing out the friction material. With the Clutch Net, it's pretty much impossible for the springs to ever pop out. It's a patented design. Plus they're made to order here in the US versus being mass produced overseas.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Tilton twin disc Carbon/Carbon best clutch hands down! I love carbon clutches because it's not like a light switch like the ceremic twin disc. But, if anyone is running a twin disc. I highly recommend the flow control valve and the hydraulic release bearing if you are running a Tilton set up.

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts
Competition Clutch and it's great!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts