Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This valve is broken on my engine. I’m planning to change my intake manifold but not sure if I’ll need this or what it is. Can I delete? Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
That’s the PCV. Yes you can but it will result in more oil blow by possibly. If you are going to run a catch can will not be as much of an issue. They are cheap so just get one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s the PCV. Yes you can but it will result in more oil blow by possibly. If you are going to run a catch can will not be as much of an issue. They are cheap so just get one.
Thank you for the help. I am planning to run a catch can. I have the valve cover ready for it. So I can plug this off and install a can to my Valve cover and I’ll be good? Thanks again. Trying to learn as I go on this swap.

·
Registered
92 Posts
No you can not plug it. That is how gasses get out of the crank case. You need to put a fitting on it or a new PCV and then run that to your catch can.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No you can not plug it. That is how gasses get out of the crank case. You need to put a fitting on it or a new PCV and then run that to your catch can.
Ok I see. Makes sense. I’ll add it to the catch can then. The can will just be atmosphere vented so it won’t pull if I put a POV valve on it. Unless the valve opens up on its own to release pressure 🤔

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes it will. I ha e seen some thread in a fitting to remove the PCV completely. Another option.

·
Registered
Honda Accord 2006 2.0 K20a7
11 Posts
Hey guys, are you okay?

I have a little problem, I have an accord with the k20a7 engine, at the time of assembly the mechanic broke the pcv valve.

The valve that came is made of plastic, with a separate grommet and joint. Here in Brazil I am not finding spare parts for this model, only the one-piece metal valve. Seeing the breather tube in the scheme that has hondapartsnow site. It contained both types of valves as shown below

The valve diagram I have on my car is 1-5-4, but I can't find the parts corresponding to 1 and 5 in Brazil.
can i change for valve 2 and washer 6 without any future problem?

Thank you for attention

1 - 7 of 7 Posts