Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a civic 99 cx,,, i want to know what braided stainless steel brake lines i need for ek9 32mm 5lugs conversion can i use any russel ? or are different

·
Registered
118 Posts
I feel like you shouldn't be working on your brakes if this question is being asked.

Considering the brake system is an insanely simple system and how incredibly important it is... I'd imagine you would pay a professional to fix it for you.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
:facepalm: I get what you are saying AngryScotsman but he may be taking it to a shop somewhere and simply needs to know what lines to run. Witch would be ones for his chassis get ones for a 99 civic.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a similar question. Hopefully I won't get a similar response.

Paolo92, did you get your answer?
I have a 98 cx and upgraded to ITR 5 lug. I used 99 si with rear disc like many people recommend. However, I noticed when installing the lines seemed a little long. I positioned the lines as best I could and drove it.

Fast forward 2 years:
This past weekend I started my k swap and when I pulled the wheels off I noticed the line on the driver side was kinked and the plastic outer sleeve was worn through. I never noticed any issues braking and never developed a leak, but now I am wondering. What if I would have ordered the integra lines? Are they shorter?

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have a similar question. Hopefully I won't get a similar response.

Paolo92, did you get your answer?
I have a 98 cx and upgraded to ITR 5 lug. I used 99 si with rear disc like many people recommend. However, I noticed when installing the lines seemed a little long. I positioned the lines as best I could and drove it.

Fast forward 2 years:
This past weekend I started my k swap and when I pulled the wheels off I noticed the line on the driver side was kinked and the plastic outer sleeve was worn through. I never noticed any issues braking and never developed a leak, but now I am wondering. What if I would have ordered the integra lines? Are they shorter?
The lines aren't any shorter or longer. It's the mounting brackets that are different. In almost all cases when using the mounting brackets with the SS braided lines it never seems to fit properly. So I often use zip ties to secure them away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts