Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anybody knew exactly what was involved with the wiring aspect of a k swap into an ef... the obd0-obd2 conversion is a given but when people say that the dash harness is wired into the ecu, what exactly needs to be wired in? i figure a new key cyl with the immobilizer and some different cluster wires, but what else? im the type of person who can figure out wiring diagrams and pretty much rewire the whole car myself so if i can find some schematics, that would help a lot.
btw, im planning on using a tsx cluster if that makes things easier for you.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The engine harness for the K is one piece from the engine to ecu "A" and "B" plugs,so there is no wiring of that.The main part of the wiring will be done at the ecu "E" plug for oxygen sensors and immobilizer.The speedo and tach wires for the cluster will be taken from the ecu "E" plug,though you will need a electronic vss compatible gauge cluster,such as the jdm sir,or you can run any of the other various year/model clusters(such as the tsx).
If you are using the jdm crx cluster,the gauges are not compatible with the sensors from the rsx engine,so you will need to run wires from the gauge to the source,such as brake master cylinder for brake fluid warning light and to a coolant temp sensor adaptor(such as Hasport) for the temp gauge on the cluster.
If you plan to use the type s prb ecu,than plan to have the matching key and immobilizer unit for that ecu.
You can use the jdm type r prc ecu,which is able to have the immobilizer bypassed.I havent started the wiring on the stock crx harness yet,but will as soon as I find a Rsx dash harness to start with.
The wiring for the crx chassis will be close to the eg wiring,but the under dash plug will have a different pinout.

·
Registered
414 Posts
You would need to change the plugs from the original ef cluster to the rsx cluster plugs,and run a few new wires.I havent done the rsx cluster wiring yet,but have pinouts for both the ef and rsx cluster plugs,so if you need I will look over them and let you know what exactly needs to be done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.