Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Some very nice skills there. I've done some short courses in welding but could never get the hang of TIG. So I appreciate your fine work!

Peter

·
Registered
533 Posts
I've been welding for over 50 years, about 40 of them using a variety of TIG machines, and I've found that basic eye-hand-foot coordination and understanding what the heat does to the metal in question are the most important aspects of the whole thing. Flame control is next on the list. Some people can do it well and a LOT of people simply can't, no matter how much they practice.
Looking at the pictures you appear to have a natural talent for it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Some very nice skills there. I've done some short courses in welding but could never get the hang of TIG. So I appreciate your fine work!

Peter
Thank you Peter! I enjoy TIG welding the most!

I've been welding for over 50 years, about 40 of them using a variety of TIG machines, and I've found that basic eye-hand-foot coordination and understanding what the heat does to the metal in question are the most important aspects of the whole thing. Flame control is next on the list. Some people can do it well and a LOT of people simply can't, no matter how much they practice.
Looking at the pictures you appear to have a natural talent for it.
Thanks Joe! In school my instructors all said the same thing. I just have a natural talent. I wish I had more projects I was doing to show more work!

·
Registered
173 Posts
http://www.everlastwelders.ca/tigwelders/powertig-250ex.php

What are your thoughts on that TIG Welder? I want to learn to TIG weld and since that unit seems pretty affordable I'd be interested in buying it to practice. I am aware of the saying "you get what you pay for", so thought I would ask.

Thanks and be sure to post up more projects!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
http://www.everlastwelders.ca/tigwelders/powertig-250ex.php

What are your thoughts on that TIG Welder? I want to learn to TIG weld and since that unit seems pretty affordable I'd be interested in buying it to practice. I am aware of the saying "you get what you pay for", so thought I would ask.

Thanks and be sure to post up more projects!
That's a very decent "entry level" TIG welder. You definitely can learn alot with that welder it isn't the best. But it will handle almost all projects you attempt with it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
What's up fellas..I have been on the tig rig heavy , practicing, as a hobby right now. Glad to see people around here doing it their selves and good too. I am a novice but have been putting in work and my father in law has been welding for 40 yrs so I have a free teacher..I'll have to subscribe to some of the post. I plan on doing exhaust stuff and fabbing up minor things under the hood of my build coming up (k24 all motor eg)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts