Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

weird problem. here goes, say I snap the throttle with quick stabs car stumbles and wants to die. no cel lights and problems. but say I slowly step on the gas it doesn't do that. weird problem. I didn't trouble shoot it yet but hopefully someone knows what it might be. I didn't try to reupload the cal yet.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
tps perhaps , map even. hard to say buddy , datalogging should give you an idea of course.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i have this with my rsx seems to be a common thing atleast with the rsx so id assume it is with most k motors. if i quickly hit the throttle it will come back down to 500 rpms or so and then back to normal idle its normal my car has done it since i bought it

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have this with my rsx seems to be a common thing atleast with the rsx so id assume it is with most k motors. if i quickly hit the throttle it will come back down to 500 rpms or so and then back to normal idle its normal my car has done it since i bought it
wow ic. so you are saying when you quickly press the throttle rpms go down instead of up? same problem I am having if I slowly press its fine but quickly hit it rpms go down lol.

that being said I didn't have the problem before will have to do some trouble shooting I will get back if I find the problem. some how sounds like a sensor problem....

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tps perhaps , map even. hard to say buddy , datalogging should give you an idea of course.

yea I didn't have time to data logg yet. I just got the dvom back and was going to check out the sensor according to the books. thanks :up: I will post a long soon..:p

·
Registered
60 Posts
wow ic. so you are saying when you quickly press the throttle rpms go down instead of up? same problem I am having if I slowly press its fine but quickly hit it rpms go down lol.

that being said I didn't have the problem before will have to do some trouble shooting I will get back if I find the problem. some how sounds like a sensor problem....
thats weird...im saying i hit the throttle and rpms go up but when it comes back down it goes down to 500 rpms and feels like its going to die then returns to normal. If your problem is a sensor id guess tps since as far as i know the car will run like crap if at all if the map sensor is toast

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:up: yea I am going to swap it out see how it works shit.

my problem is this step on the thortttle fast and rpms drop and car wants to bogg. instead of going up!

thanks again!

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rdx injectors.

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks sig! will check it out and report back..

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I was reading up on some threads were the common factor was ""rdx injectors". I can't really remember what the topic was but I just thought I'd throw it out there

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hi guys,

weird problem. here goes, say I snap the throttle with quick stabs car stumbles and wants to die. no cel lights and problems. but say I slowly step on the gas it doesn't do that. weird problem. I didn't trouble shoot it yet but hopefully someone knows what it might be. I didn't try to reupload the cal yet.
thats definately a TPS thats broken. I had the same problem with our race car. I accelerate the car and it bogs like it was out of timing. But im for sure its the tps. plus my cel never came on and when i put a new one shyt was working perfect again

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea its fine when you slowly step on the throttle but if you press it quickly it bogs. thanks guys! :silly:

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:cool:

Nothing yets didn't have a laptop just got one in today will update soon. :heart:

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thats definately a TPS thats broken. I had the same problem with our race car. I accelerate the car and it bogs like it was out of timing. But im for sure its the tps. plus my cel never came on and when i put a new one shyt was working perfect again
you were exactly right lol. tps is 0% when car is running. I checked the wiring looks fine gets power etc..looks like tps is dead..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts