Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm in the prosses of painting my crx. i'v decided to paint it red but wat i cant decide is to go with a high gloss or a satin. so i wanted to know wat you guys think.

here are some pics of the two colors im thinking about.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
i think you gotta go with the glossy, the satin's nice, but it just seems to far away from the norm., when you see a really clean car, you expect to see your reflection you know? if you don't, it just doesn't sit well, cars are just suppose to shine and reflect IMO...

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
Glossy....... The Satin is nice and different, but for the Crx, go with the glossy. These older cars need all the shine that they can get to stand out from the rest.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya thats why i wanted to do the satin color cuz it was out of the norm and not to many people have it but i see wat you gusy mean about older cars needing the shine.

·
Premium Member
44,706 Posts
I wanted to do a satin black on my crx, but I think that the color looks better on curvy (newer) cars. A shine adds to the edges of older cars, accentuating their rugged looks.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Gloss and here is why....I use to love all black cars and then flat black but to be honest after months of owning one there is NOTHING to compare to a bright shiney car no matter what the age of the car is. It just always seems that a shiney/glossy new paint job on any car just brings it to life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts