Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
brian g said:
The water twmp sensor is on the side of the head just above where the top two transmission bolts attach it to the block. If your looking for the Radiator fan switch, it's on the radiator. If you looking for the water temp sending unit to feed the signal to the temperature gauge on the dash, there isn't one.

brian g
taqman15 said:
here is my water temp setup. EK20A has the same setup as well. got the Earls fitting from summit and the sensor off of a civic motor.

J.V. said:
optimus said:
Do you know the part # for that earls fitting adapter that the sender goes to tagman? Thanks.

-Ron
I just invested $35 in one of these:

brian g said:
c_buz said:
I am very confused about this topic. Can anyone elaborate?
I realize most everyone knows this, but just in case, here's the background information.

The K-series engines don't have a water temperature sending unit for the water temperature gauge in the dash. The information is fed to the multiplex through a communication wire from the ECU and then the multiplex sends the information to the dash.

The K-engines also lack a radiator fan switch like the earlier engines. It's found in the bottom of the radiator.

Ideal placement for the temperature sender is on the head, or the second choice would be the upper radiator hose. If for some reason the water pump quit (no belt) the head and engine would get hot first, followed the upper radiator hose, and last the lower hose.

The ideal placement for the radiator fan switch is in the lower radiator hose or bottom of the radiator. That way if the radiator is doing a sufficient job of cooling with out the fans on, (like when you're moving) they don't need to come on.

k20girl said:
Brian are there any negative effects of not using the air assest? I noticed on your ek that you didn't use it but I think your dc did.
It's an emissions device. You may or may not pass emissions without it.

k20girl said:
By the way I have a k20a2 in a dc chassis using Hasport mounts. If I were to change over to a k24 block in the future would i have a hood clearence problem? It looks as if there is more room in the integra than the eg.
You're right there is more hood clearance in the DC2. We didn't have to trim the hood to close it.

brian g

·
Registered
45 Posts
so where would you put that hasport sensor adaptor? lower or top hose? Also, when you move over the civic sensors into that piece where do you run them to? The easy answer I would think would be to run them to the shock tower plug location where they use to run to when the civic engine harness was in the car. But without a civic ecu in the car now Im not sure that that would still work.

Any input concerning the wiring would help, thanks

-bill

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
you would use that adapter onto the top radiator hose, if you have gone through hasport to get your wire harness made, the wires are all ready made for those sensors, so all you have to do is get teh sensors and plug the wire harness up to it.... the Hasport stuff makes it supre easy, you dont have to go run the wires or anythign like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.