Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an k20a2 and i wanted to boost it. i had a greddy turbo bolt on kit in mind. wondering if any one has any idea on any other good turbo kit??

and also if i wanna get about 300-350whp wit a turbo kit, what would i need as far as internals and anyother things i would need to hit this goal.

thankz alot for helpin me out...

·
Registered
962 Posts
i have an k20a2 and i wanted to boost it. i had a greddy turbo bolt on kit in mind. wondering if any one has any idea on any other good turbo kit??

and also if i wanna get about 300-350whp wit a turbo kit, what would i need as far as internals and anyother things i would need to hit this goal.

thankz alot for helpin me out...
Greddy will never make that kinda of numbers. The turbo is way too small and you would be lucky if you make 270whp out of the kit.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Greddy will never make that kinda of numbers. The turbo is way too small and you would be lucky if you make 270whp out of the kit.
Not true quite a few type-s have broken 300whp with a greddy kit and 3"downpipe/exhaust.

Ts, if you know you will be content with 300whp and never want more power then greddy is the kit for you. As far as internals you dont need any for 300whp.

Here's a complete kit that you can consider with 3" down and exhaust
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=612180

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not true quite a few type-s have broken 300whp with a greddy kit and 3"downpipe/exhaust.

Ts, if you know you will be content with 300whp and never want more power then greddy is the kit for you. As far as internals you dont need any for 300whp.

ok now lets keep it real. how many people you know that want to do turbo and want only 300hp and they really want to stay there even after three months? lol you know all turbo freaks want the same thing. more power after a while!

·
Registered
962 Posts

well, what I meant was with a true greddy kit, and that means the greddy downpipe as well. When you upgrade everything its not really a greddy kit anylonger. He can also do the full race upgrade on that kit and spend another $1400 on just a turbo and a adapterplate and get 350whp out of it but that would be counter productive. He wants 300-400whp which means in a month he will want 450-500whp, lol. You know we always end up wanting more.

so what would u suggest i get?? to get from any where from 300-400whp
I would go with one of 3 turbo kits (in order from cheapest to most expensive)

Peakboost, AFI, or Full-Race

With any of these 3 kits you are going to be getting a great quality kit, it basically boils down to how much you want to spend.

You can get the stage 1 peakboost kit for $3200 shipped

1 - 7 of 7 Posts