Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the k20a group on Facebook but did not get a single response. Anyone still using forums that could give me some advice?

Finally starting the EF Wagon K24 swap (Hasport EFK1 mounts). Looking for some up to date info as I've googled search and found only very old information.

What headers will clear the subframe? Would ANY aftermarket intake manifold clear the hood? I was also looking into using the Hush performance cable to hydro conversion but saw on their site it does not fit a Wagon!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I feel like there's no way you're gonna get a bonnet on a k24 ef. I Just fit a k20 to an ef3 with a facelift bonnet, the engine is mounted in the lower 'k24' position and i still had to cut the bonnet skin in a couple places to get the bonnet to close. It hit the valve cover on the right front corner and basically the whole top, front edge of the plenum of an rbc manifold.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel like there's no way you're gonna get a bonnet on a k24 ef. I Just fit a k20 to an ef3 with a facelift bonnet, the engine is mounted in the lower 'k24' position and i still had to cut the bonnet skin in a couple places to get the bonnet to close. It hit the valve cover on the right front corner and basically the whole top, front edge of the plenum of an rbc manifold.
I will be using the usdm front end/hood. Based on this and Hasport efk1 mounts it doesn't seem possible I would be able to fit an RBC and not have to cut the hood? I don't mind cutting the hood skeleton I just don't want to cut a hole in the hood as I wanted the car to be daily driven as much as possible (trying to keep ac and power steering also).

Any header recommendations or cable to hydro conversions?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well since my 20mm Lower k20 needed the skeleton cut to fit the valve cover under a facelift bonnet then i can reasonably accurately say that not, your engine will not fit under your usdm bonnet

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well since my 20mm Lower k20 needed the skeleton cut to fit the valve cover under a facelift bonnet then i can reasonably accurately say that not, your engine will not fit under your usdm bonnet
Man that's sad news for me...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Headers i have no idea. Especially on your left hand drive vehicle. I had to modify some factory accord euro r headers quite a lot to clear my trimmed down subframe.

I also did a full custom accord clutch pedal/ hydro master cylinder conversion so can't comment on any kits

·
Registered
37 Posts
Maybe you'll fit under a facelift bonnet. With a lot of lift in the hinges and maybe even left the latch a few mm. You'll also need to have the engine so low in the engine bay you won't be able to drive anywhere without scraping your sump on everything

·
Registered
12 Posts
Skunk 2 alpha headers will clear the subframe. And the only way, that i'm aware of, to clear the hood with a K24 is lowering the engine with 1" spacers and using an sir rep style hood.

Only thing I kind of don't like about lowering the engine is oil pan clearance and how low the exhaust sits...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts