Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I've searched high and low for some good vct angles under boost for my vtec killer setup and ive come up dry. 3 posts I read said they go as high as *45 or *50 with no valve interface, one guy said he bent 7 intake valves going above *30? my highest angle ive gone is *25 with no problem but I want to go higher because I was still building torque in my midrange with the more vct advance I gave it. let me know if you guys have any info.

thanks,
cody

·
Registered
722 Posts
You have a very vague description of setup.... would need to know what is in the motor . Cams,piston setup. Is it a stock motor? Stuff like that is key.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a base k20a3 block and head (k20a3 pistons), the only mods to the block is ive installed oil squitter's, and ive put type s springs and retainers. I have a gt35r82 pushing 12 to 14 psi. it has a vtec killer setup with z3 cams in it. my main question is how much VCT angle can I give it without the intake valves hitting the pistons. im still building midrange torque @ *25 angle and id like to push it until torque starts to drop.

thanks,
cody

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

here's a pic. the only outside mods I have is a vacuum pump hooked up to the valve cover breather that comes on under boost, its hooked up to a exhaust venturi in my exhaust cut out (12psi closed exhaust, 14psi open exhaust) it also has a external air/oil cooler. also has water/meth injection

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know the capability of the A3, forums don't give it much credit but for a complete engine you can buy for $500 and get 400hp out of it that's impressive to me. ive had the turbo on the engine for 3 years with lots of abuse and it hasn't let me down, I just recently did the cam killer in hopes to get a little more out of it. that's why im here asking and looking around for a good answer before I push my angle past *25.

thanks,
cody

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have run that setup to 40deg without issue in the past. Go for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts