Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after much talk and thoughts, I have decided to order some Toda-Racing VTC killer cam gears.. Hopefully they will arrive and be on the car and dyno in the next 2-3 weeks if all goes well..
I will post the results of the Dyno session on here for you all to have a look at, I am quite interested in seeing how much of a difference there is to be gained... Fingers crossed it will help me break past the 230-240whp mark... Which combined with the new race weight of around 1800lb's should hopefully put me a little closer to low 11's..

Updates will be coming available as soon as I have the info..

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The main reason I'm doing it is cause when I did my motor conversion the K-Pro wasnt available.. So I got a programmable B-series computer and got it reconfigured to run the K20A using half the wiring loom of the factory xcomputer.. We didnjt know if we were going to be able to run the VTC or not until we had it running on the dyno. We found that we couldnt adjust it so we are going to get rid of it..
As for if it makes a big difference or not, well lets say I have run on the same dyno as a JDM DC5R and run almost the indentical dyno plots.. He was using a K-Pro though.. I think there are some gains to be made more in the mid range than the top end, but for me I dont really need the power below 6500rpm so it doesnt matter...
Hondata released a little while ago a dyno graph of a motor running 0-10-20-30-40-50 degree of adjustment on the inlet cam and the 50 ran the best midrange(3000-6000) by about 5hp over the 30.. But the 30 ran the best top end (7500-8500) by 5hp.. but from 6000-7500 they adjustment of 30-40-50 all ran the same figures...

Personally I just want to be able to play around with it really acurately and see how much can be gained, I also like the idea of being able to dial some adjustment into the exhaust cam... But the biggest part of my decision came from the computer that I run and also the fact that when 13:1 pistons come out with higher tops on them and bigger duration cams come out the VTC side of the motor wont really be usefull.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts