Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question when swaping the 25 degree gear in the k24a2 to the 50 degree rsx gear do u have to remove the cams 2 replace it or can it be done with the cams and rockers still attached????

·
Pepsi Soprano
1,365 Posts
I Would Love To See The Cams Stay In And Tension On The Chain
And The Gear Come Off.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
I Would Love To See The Cams Stay In And Tension On The Chain
And The Gear Come Off.
The chain should first be moved out of the way after removing the tensioner. Then you hold the cam with a wrench and remove the gear as per the helms manual.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
The chain should first be moved out of the way after removing the tensioner. Then you hold the cam with a wrench and remove the gear as per the helms manual.
Thank you! I was just :confused: on how you were supposed to keep tension on the chain and take the gear off!

It will come off w/o disassembling the cyl head!

·
Pepsi Soprano
1,365 Posts
Thank you! I was just :confused: on how you were supposed to keep tension on the chain and take the gear off!

It will come off w/o disassembling the cyl head!
I know what he meant , just messing around. If in car do what he said with a bunjie cord to keep the chain around the bottom of the chain sprocket when removing the tensioner thru the little window on the cover.

·
Pepsi Soprano
1,365 Posts
i know what should be done. I have done it with my eyes burning from a jug of methanol that fell in my shop...
the op wants to know if it can be done without taking the timing chain cover off the cam caps or cams...

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
it can... just be for damn sure that the chain didnt spin down low at all... Thank god i snatched up one of them lower timing chain deals back before the company making them fell through.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow thanks 4 every one that replied, good 2 kno it can b done with out removing the cams, thanks again everybody

1 - 14 of 14 Posts