Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question when swaping the 25 degree gear in the k24a2 to the 50 degree rsx gear do u have to remove the cams 2 replace it or can it be done with the cams and rockers still attached????

·
Premium Member
3,136 Posts
The chain should first be moved out of the way after removing the tensioner. Then you hold the cam with a wrench and remove the gear as per the helms manual.
Thank you! I was just :confused: on how you were supposed to keep tension on the chain and take the gear off!

It will come off w/o disassembling the cyl head!

·
Pepsi Soprano
1,365 Posts
Thank you! I was just :confused: on how you were supposed to keep tension on the chain and take the gear off!

It will come off w/o disassembling the cyl head!
I know what he meant , just messing around. If in car do what he said with a bunjie cord to keep the chain around the bottom of the chain sprocket when removing the tensioner thru the little window on the cover.

·
Pepsi Soprano
1,365 Posts
The chain should first be moved out of the way after removing the tensioner. Then you hold the cam with a wrench and remove the gear as per the helms manual.
i know what should be done. I have done it with my eyes burning from a jug of methanol that fell in my shop...
the op wants to know if it can be done without taking the timing chain cover off the cam caps or cams...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts