Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should me vtc be adjusted to?
heres my set up:
k24a block with wiseco 12.5-1 pistons (nikos group buy)
k20z1 head
crower stg. 2 na cams
eibach springs

also where can i find an ssr header for the rsx. the link is dead on the ssr site.
what head gasket??? what timing chain tensioner do you guys use??

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
what should me vtc be adjusted to?
heres my set up:
k24a block with wiseco 12.5-1 pistons (nikos group buy)
k20z1 head
crower stg. 2 na cams
eibach springs

also where can i find an ssr header for the rsx. the link is dead on the ssr site.
what head gasket??? what timing chain tensioner do you guys use??

thanks
You cant just adjust the VTC to a specific angle and leave it like that, the whole point of VTC to alter the intake cam advance for a specific RPM

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
The VTC is set to specific cam angles when dyno tuning. You make pulls on the dyno with the VTC locked at specific cam angle settings, then develop a composite can angle map and blend the cam angles to make the most WHP and torque at all RPM points. The VTC is constantly adjusting the cam angles as needed to match the map.

I was just on SSR's site and didnt have any issues pulling up their RSX header. http://www.sixsigmaracing.com/K-SeriesRSX.htm You WILL NEED to call and or Email to actually buy one, there is some info they will need prior to building the header for you.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Dyno tune it and you can see where the vtc points make power the most. Then interpolate all the graps of the vtc's and you can set it where it makes the most power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts