Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there i am New to the forums so i dont know if i am posting in the right section i have a problem with my car and need some help to figure out the problem. i have a 01 civic em2 with a 05 k20a2 engine 02 04 wiring harness and a 6 spd ep3 transmission pra ecu with kpro v3 now here comes the problem i cant get my speedometer and ecu to function correctly i keep getting a p0500 engine code wich is a vss malfunction i tried swapping the sensor for a New one it looked likte that fixed the issue at first until i drove the car for like 10 minutes or so speedo worked fine and kpro reads the VSS until i push the throttle speedo goes to 80kmh kpro does the same and then it goes to 0 speedo doesnt work anymore and kpro wont read the VSS then i reset the ecu upload a New calibration and it works again for a short while until i hit the throttle and hit 80 kmh then it completely stops working ecu and speedo dont get a signal what can be the cause of this i dont know what to do anymore replaced the VSS didnt help old one and New one do the same my guess is something in the wiring is wrong anyone have this issue before or knows how to fix it any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi there i am New to the forums so i dont know if i am posting in the right section i have a problem with my car and need some help to figure out the problem. i have a 01 civic em2 with a 05 k20a2 engine 02 04 wiring harness and a 6 spd ep3 transmission pra ecu with kpro v3 now here comes the problem i cant get my speedometer and ecu to function correctly i keep getting a p0500 engine code wich is a vss malfunction i tried swapping the sensor for a New one it looked likte that fixed the issue at first until i drove the car for like 10 minutes or so speedo worked fine and kpro reads the VSS until i push the throttle speedo goes to 80kmh kpro does the same and then it goes to 0 speedo doesnt work anymore and kpro wont read the VSS then i reset the ecu upload a New calibration and it works again for a short while until i hit the throttle and hit 80 kmh then it completely stops working ecu and speedo dont get a signal what can be the cause of this i dont know what to do anymore replaced the VSS didnt help old one and New one do the same my guess is something in the wiring is wrong anyone have this issue before or knows how to fix it any help would be greatly appreciated
Does your 6 speed EP3 trans use a low or high frequency VSS? Not sure, we only got the 5 speed here in America

·
Registered
515 Posts
Under the miscellaneous tab do you have the speed sensor type set to "Normal speed sensor"? When the speedometer is working is it reading correctly up to 80 kmh?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts