Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know I posted some pictures of a sedan I was tinkering on but I decided to go with a hatch and had that thread deleted. With that being said here is the build up.

Here is the car how I got it.

It looked pretty straight when I bought it but the more I looked at it the more I decided it needed body work and paint. So I took it to a local shop and they treated me pretty good.

I bought a carbon fiber hood that had already been cleared and used.. the threw an idea out there about some black stripes to follow the bodylines of the car and I told them to give it a shot.

Here is a few shots of the finished product.

Here are my engine and trans k20a2 and 08 SI trans

Today I installed the Tuff Trac baffle.. pretty easy here are some pics.

Also did some fitment tests on my JDM Integra Type r Hubs and Spindles with my USDM rims.. I'd say they fit..

I need to take more pics of the parts I've got I forgot to today but the car will be receiving quite a bit of work over the next few weeks and hopefully she will be on the street in no time.

EDIT: I forgot to add that it looks like a monster truck because I have my AMR Engineering coilovers lifted so the body guys would have an easier time.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
I'll be the first to say it: They should have left the hood alone OR color matched it to the car. Looks like someone took electrical tape to the hood.

Car looks great other then that though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll be the first to say it: They should have left the hood alone OR color matched it to the car. Looks like someone took electrical tape to the hood.

Car looks great other then that though.
You know in the pics it doesn't look to great but in person i like it you can still see the carbon fiber through it and once i get the black wheels on it i personally think it'll look pretty good. Each to their own.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Small update some pics of the parts I have lined up.

Insane Shafts 36mm Axles

I installed some extended studs onto my JDM rear trailing arms. Waiting to press bearings and do the same on the fronts.

Wiring Harness, Half Shaft, Clutch, Clutch Cables

New starter and alternator

Type R LSD

New Integra front lower control arms with sway bar links. (Integra R sway bar on the way from Bodyman)

RSX K tuned shifter, Emtech springs, New slave cylinder, intake gaskets, 4040 prop valve, 70mm throttle boddy, Integra RS Brake booster and master cylinder, Box of bolts from Bodyman. Integra R calipers waiting for paint.

Now I am due to put in some work this weekend.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update as promised

Got some goodies from bodyman today..

New shift knob and ITR shift boot

ITR front sway bar

OEM mud flaps

Put my rear sway bar, sub frame brace and lower control arms on.

Also pulled the D15Z1 out of this VERY carefully planning on putting it in my wagon.

Never been more sketched out working on a car as I was with this.

Going to start cleaning up the bay soon.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Awesome build man. We have similar setups. I did the k20a2 swap in my EG and I have the JDM 5 lug conversion with USDM type R wheels that I'm going to be putting on as soon as it warms up here. Your suspension set up is nice man, this is exactly how i plan on building my hatch. Good choice in parts :up:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome build man. We have similar setups. I did the k20a2 swap in my EG and I have the JDM 5 lug conversion with USDM type R wheels that I'm going to be putting on as soon as it warms up here. Your suspension set up is nice man, this is exactly how i plan on building my hatch. Good choice in parts :up:
Thanks... Small update

Got motor mounts (Hasports) and shifter plate today.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts