Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i am getting a front clip for my car (a EF8 SiR clip) and it has everything including the rhd dash and stuff. well i wasnt planning on trying to do a RHD conversion but that had me thinking(also my current dash has cracks all over); i cant see very well out of my right eye. so how my car is(lhd), my vision is biased towards the left of the car/towards the median. wouldnt it be better to have your vision towards the middle?

thanks

·
Registered
537 Posts
Well Im kinda rhd biased. I love, love, love to drive them.

BUT its an individual thing, some people just cannot drive rhd. It is very important to know whats happening on the left side (while driving rhd's) in city traffic and highway traffic. Which leads to another problem with rhd in lhd land...passing semis on the highway. You have to give yourself some space to be able to see around large vehicles.

If youve ever driven heavy equipment you know that sometimes your on the left, right or middle of the vehicle and each position takes some getting used to.

With your eye problem I would suggest driving a rhd and see if you like the change. If you cant find a rhd to drive then sit in the passenger seat while someone else drives and REALLY concentrate as if your driving and see what happens.

THe latter wont be the end all if you can drive better on that side (actually friends that ride in my rhd think they can drive it becuase it looks easy) or not but do everything you can before you go shredding up your car.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input. i tried driving a mail truck(old one, but still RHD), and was comfortable with it, so i guess i will go that route.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.