Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

i was thinking to get camshafts to get more hp out of my motor but as it is daily driven i canot use stg3 cams and decided it won`t worth getting stg2 for 5 more hp where itr cams are reliable and good enough.

can i use valve spring retainer kit on my stock ITR engine to use revs up to 9K? would that hurt rods? will there be useable hp at that rpm?

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
hi,

i was thinking to get camshafts to get more hp out of my motor but as it is daily driven i canot use stg3 cams and decided it won`t worth getting stg2 for 5 more hp where itr cams are reliable and good enough.

can i use valve spring retainer kit on my stock ITR engine to use revs up to 9K? would that hurt rods? will there be useable hp at that rpm?

thanks
I dont think there will be useable horsepower up that high and you would want to make sure your oiling system is up to the task...
Where do you figure a "stage 2" cam will only make 5hp over ITR. You should see 10-20hp depending on what other parts you have...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think there will be useable horsepower up that high and you would want to make sure your oiling system is up to the task...
Where do you figure a "stage 2" cam will only make 5hp over ITR. You should see 10-20hp depending on what other parts you have...
my mods are:

hondata IMG
hondata kpro
hytec style header
2.5" straight exhaust piping with one resonator
p2r plenum
p2r tb spacer
aem v2

this k20r engine is in an EK chasis

do you think i can get 10-20 hp? do you think it worths it?

what else can i do to my engine to get more hp?

do you think an RBC IM could get more hp over PRC?

i am also thinking to get 3" Kteller exhaust piping as the custom one is piece of s**t and heavy!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts