Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATED! Everything works fine now lol.

CLICK this link for newest pics...better resolution as well. http://www.honda-tech.com/zeropost?cmd=tshow&id=1249675

Well kinda just sitting on my thumbs right now so I thought Id throw out an update on the hatchy. Here goes.

Going down Monday to get some more pics. Car should be completly shot by then. Personally theres nothing badder than black...unless your just plum-tired of cleaning a black car. And Im pretty much in LOVE with Captiva blue.

Engine sits pretty far forward due to the power steering and it looks like a jumbled mess compared to the B motor we yanked out of there.

BTW the engine bay stays black...my decision, just think it looks better that way. The side moldings will be painted blue along with the trim on the roofline. I went "bling" with a ViS hood and some jdm fold-up style mirrors and headlamps. lol...no Im not really into the whole jdm thing but I guess it appears that way.

BTW I really took down the resolution on these shots trying to save space on this site and my host site so sorry for the drop in res.

BIG GIANT SHOUT OUT TO Advanced Body Tek in Fort Collins Co. (970-482-8355) for sponsoring me by repainting the entire car to my exact likings. These guys do AWESOME classic restores to everyday drivers. Mark will take care of your daily car the same manner in which he gives to the classic projects...what a guy!!! Thanks Mark!!! :up: I live 4 hours away and its worth the drive.

Dan.

First 4 pics obviously is new color.
Next pic is car looking pretty beat lol.
Next two pics shows p/s and then a pretty thin tolerance on the belt.
Next pic I like to call epidemic lol.
before pic
(Update-05-10-05) Painter just sent me this pic...pics not really in order, sorry.

Comments good or bad welcomed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
They work for me?

Lookin good...

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Really clean car dude. Keep paying attention to the minor details.

Is it just me or are your new numbers a little bit low for a k24 bottom end? Or are these numbers before your final tune? Shouldn't k20/24 setups be putting down around 230whp?

I'd love to see the specs on the engine.

Keep up the great work! :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
litterbox said:
Really clean car dude. Keep paying attention to the minor details.

Is it just me or are your new numbers a little bit low for a k24 bottom end? Or are these numbers before your final tune? Shouldn't k20/24 setups be putting down around 230whp?

I'd love to see the specs on the engine.

Keep up the great work! :)
First off thanks for the compliment!

They seem to be low to me as well...hell even my wallet thinks that lol.

I think 230 whp may be pushing it a little though. Final tune? hah is there ever? The next tune will come once cams are installed.

Oh yeah btw the engine looks alot better now whew. Also the installer has always sworn to me that the dyno reads a little low (which is fine) he thinks its from the high altitude. Yes dynos are built to compensate for that but 100% compensation is what Im unsure of.

If I have a chance I want to dyno it a lower elevation sometime. Dont know as if I will care if I see some good 1/4 mile times. :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hondaluver said:
u wanna copy of my tune... it was a 300 dollar tune with my kpro... dam, i dont' know if i should give it out...lol
Well I guarantee you this...I will help you out with that 300 dyno bill if it makes the car run better. :up:

Just let me know what sounds good to you...hopefully its not to much lol. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.