Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently doing a build and I was wanting to know what would be the best aftermarket collets/keepers for my valve train and which would be the best for my combo. I'm currently using a Supertech valvetrain including everything from oversized valves, springs, retainers, seats and stem seals.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
i think Supertech is the only ones who make aftermarket keepers... if you are using the rest of there stuff why even look at anything else?

·
Premium Member
3,082 Posts
i think Supertech is the only ones who make aftermarket keepers... if you are using the rest of there stuff why even look at anything else?

so you can't use supertech valves with say blueprint keepers?

i thought if you used everthing needed for a 02-04 type s (keepers, valves, retainers, seats + spring) that it would work fine together, no matter the brand... am i wrong?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
so you can't use supertech valves with say blueprint keepers?

i thought if you used everthing needed for a 02-04 type s (keepers, valves, retainers, seats + spring) that it would work fine together, no matter the brand... am i wrong?
No you are right... I was not aware BluePrint was making keepers...

You can mix and match as long as everything was made for the same model year design. I would just feel more confortable myself using the stuff that was designed by the same company to be used together... I actually would use as much of the OEM valvetrain pieces as possible, but thats just me. I think teh OEm quality is going to be better than any of the others. If its not going to help you make power or reduce weight why use anything other than OEM?

Good Reading on the Subject
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29213

1 - 5 of 5 Posts