Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so I'm in need of some help as I got a Honda k series 6 speed gearbox for my k swap in a dc2 be here is were it gets confusing, I was told the box is from a 06 Honda accord euro so I jumped on it since hasport now has got a mount kit to use a accord or tsx/euro gearbox the egk3 but here is the catch my gearbox does not have the same 2 bolt accord bolt pattern for the egk3 kit it has a 3 bolt same as a egk1 k20 kit but still has the same egk3 crossmeber mounting sine there is no holes near the diff.

So what I would like to know what gearbox is this the code is SM5M is it a rare box? iv tried google and got jack shit nothing on it even with the code its a ghost box .

Is it possable that the gearbox case has been change to a k20 box,iv uploaded some picks to better explain sine this is so confusing

if any one knows or has info on this so I can move ahead and get the rights mounts would be much appreciated cheers guys

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
1st off, can you see straight through that Diff? It looks so but I don't want to assume.

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2109242&postcount=168

Just counted the teeth in my Aus spec Accord Euro gearbox (6 speed) running the K42A3 engine. The code on the box is SM5M

The ratios are as follows:
1st - 15:49 = 3.2667
2nd - 26:49 = 1.8846
3rd - 36:49 = 1.3611
4th - 42:43 = 1.0238
5th - 47:39 = 0.8298
6th - 51:35 = 0.6863
FD - 17:81 = 4.765

This is a bit different to the other boxes listed, although the minor discrepancies may be due to rounding errors (the numbers above have been checked 4 times, and are shown to 4 decimal places).

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
That's not an Rsx, Ep3 Gearbox at all.. Accord/Tsx Euro only.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So just had a look at the diff and no you can't see threw it other is a bar/pin is this a LSD?

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
Nope.. NO LSD.. It may be a UK Accord or so.....

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
The EGK3 mounts should bolt to it.. Can you take a picture with the rear bracket attached to the tranny so that we can see what mounts and what doesnt?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is no bolt holes for the rear of the tranny need to use egk3 mounts there but the top of the gearbox mounts cant use egk3 as shown in pic its got 3 mounting bolts not 2

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
These are the EGK3 mounts..

Just to confirm.. Your rear mount/bracket looks like that?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have not looked at a stock Honda tranny for a while...

This box looks like it has a lot of extra ribbing around the diff housing. Or did I forget what a regular one looks like?

Just curious...

Anton

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so found out the gearbox is the same as a 09-2010 tsx any one every used one of these? and how did you go about with mounts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Most guys have ditched the cases and just swapped the internals into a K20 case

1 - 16 of 16 Posts