Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i was going to get a Js racing oil pan and had actually paid for it months ago For my JDM K24a. Finally got word yesterday they have decided to discontinue making them. Now I am looking at the Unit2 Fab steel pan with baffles. Looks like the same idea but in a steel pan which would give better ground clearance and take a hit better.

anyone have experience running this pan in track events? i searched and found one mention of it but nothing about anyone actually running it.

thank you

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'll start by saying I have not personally used one, but I am looking into that exact pan as well. Maybe the thread bump will help someone else chime in that actually has experience.
A buddy of mine just bought one saying a lot of road race guys swear by them and they're worth the money. He tends to know what he's talking about and do extensive research so I believe him. However, there was an issue with his so he had to get a replacement and hasn't been able to install it yet. I can update after he's been running it a while, but I'm not sure how I'd prove it was worth it other than saying he hasn't blown his engine from oil starvation.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks huge help Exactly what I am looking for, I just can’t find much in the form of reviews on them. This is the last part I need and an important one seeing how I use the car.

do you know what the issue was with his? If he’s not having oil starvation issues on left hand turns than I would say it works.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently installed one on my DC5, two track days so far with no issues. Build quality was great, one minor issue during install was the stock oil pan bolts were slightly short but easily fixed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for sharing, great to hear. What motor do you have? What bolts did you have to run. It looks like a steel pan so I though stock K24 steel pan bolts would work.

thank you again

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for sharing, great to hear. What motor do you have? What bolts did you have to run. It looks like a steel pan so I though stock K24 steel pan bolts would work.

thank you again
I would try the stock K24 bolts, might have just been a weird thing with my K20Z1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts