Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i saw a bone stock K20A2 w/ AEM V2 only put down a 130whp baseline on a Dynapack 3000. I shit you not, the car had 58,000k ont the clock also. He was getting Kpro installed and a custom tune. My tuner got an extra 45lbs from mid range up. I asked him about the 130whp and said ," Does this back up the theory that not all OEM motors are created equal or did the guy really drive the shit out of the car for 58,000k?" There was nothing wrong with the car to put out such low numbers. My 02 A3 put down 132whp w/ I/H/E without tuning. This is all I know about the car and only hung around for two minswhile he was in the middle of tuning, all I know there was something wrong with that car. I am wondering if the computer was muffed up from the factory or something? Never know and I am glad my tuner got 45lbs gain from the baseline with only an intake and Kpro.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
02sik24a2 said:
today i saw a bone stock K20A2 w/ AEM V2 only put down a 130whp on a Dynapack 3000. I shit you not, the car had 58,000k ont the clock also. He was getting Kpro installed and a custom tune. My tuner got an extra 45lbs from mid range up. I asked him about the 130whp and said ," Does this back up the theory that not all OEM motors are created equal or did the guy really drive the shit out of the car for 58,000k?" There was nothing wrong with the car to put out such low numbers. My 02 A3 put down 132whp w/ I/H/E without tuning. This is all I know about the car and only hung around for two minswhile he was in the middle of tuning, all I know there was something wrong with that car. I am wondering if the computer was muffed up from the factory or something? Never know and I am glad my tuner got 45lbs gain from the baseline with only an intake and Kpro.
thats sad i didnt know a motor can be beaten that bad :down:

·
Registered
475 Posts
maybe the tuner just sucked..... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry I forgot to leave out the 130whp was the baseline run w/o any tuning
and only a V2 intake..I can think of a few ways of killing a motor in 58k.

·
Registered
678 Posts
thats one pos tuner and also that guy who bought that motor didnt know what he was buying , if i had a motor like that it would be in the trash by now im just being honest i hate selling stuff like that or buying stuff like that.

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kvaswani said:
thats one pos tuner and also that guy who bought that motor didnt know what he was buying , if i had a motor like that it would be in the trash by now im just being honest i hate selling stuff like that or buying stuff like that.
i give up you guys can't read for shit, nobody bought or sold the motor , this was the same owner that originally bought the car from a dealership and brought the car to my tuner 58k after. Brady, tuner, sold him Kpro and tuned the Kpro for the RSX owner. 130whp was the baseline dyno run off OEM ECU, after completely bypassing the OEM ECU , Brady, customed tuned the owners Kpro giving him a whole lot more power than the owner drove in with. Before you throw anymore motors away, Pm me and I will drive and pick them up or pay for shipping so I can develop them. Thanks

·
Registered
484 Posts
02sik24a2 said:
i give up you guys can't read for shit, nobody bought or sold the motor , this was the same owner that originally bought the car from a dealership and brought the car to my tuner 58k after. Brady, tuner, sold him Kpro and tuned the Kpro for the RSX owner. 130whp was the baseline dyno run off OEM ECU, after completely bypassing the OEM ECU , Brady, customed tuned the owners Kpro giving him a whole lot more power than the owner drove in with. Before you throw anymore motors away, Pm me and I will drive and pick them up or pay for shipping so I can develop them. Thanks

then let people know that you saw a acura rsx type s dyno at this and not put down well i saw a k20a2 dyno this. YOu are the one that made people think it was a swap done. so dont be saying people cant read for shit. Its either something wrong with the motor or its just the base model rsx and not the type s. no way in hell will a rsx type s car will dyno that low unless something wrong with the motor.

·
Registered
272 Posts
guy probably didnt break it in right, one of the piston rings might be f'd or bent valves. He should do a compression test to all the cylinders, i bet theyre all really low.

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks soda pop I was just trying to get some technical feedback. It might have been the base model shit feedback is like telling me that not only I can't type but can't read the marking on the motor to know it was a k20a2. mAYBE THE FACT IT REVVED TO 8000RPM GAVE IT AWAY.

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
infam0us said:
then let people know that you saw a acura rsx type s dyno at this and not put down well i saw a k20a2 dyno this. YOu are the one that made people think it was a swap done. so dont be saying people cant read for shit. Its either something wrong with the motor or its just the base model rsx and not the type s. no way in hell will a rsx type s car will dyno that low unless something wrong with the motor.
You are correct their is something wrong with the motor. Before the Kpro was installed a three baseline runs were done, 130whp being the highest. The owner of the RSX was informed by phone and said not to worry about the motor just install the Kpro and tune it. Before going any further a compression test was performed and everything was fine. So Kpro was installed and uploaded and everything was running fine with elect.. So the tune was performed and 45lbs was gained to the wheels. It wasn't the base model because the motor revved to 8000rpm. Alot of inexperenced import drivers buy these cars used and beat up and do not want to spend the neccessary money to maintain them. Or they buy them from a dealership and dog the shit out of them and wonder why they are not as strong. This car had 58k and didn't seem like it was maintained. The owner of the TypeS was informed that the motor needed to opened up, he declined and siad he would fix it himself. Fine as long as the proper measures to make sure " our side of the street is clean ", the car will be tuned to the owners needs. Sorry for the confusion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.