Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend at Summit Point Raceway I road in 01 Type R w/ a K20a2 swap. It is supercharged by jackson @ 9lbs ( bone stock motor ), 6 speed w/ LSD, Tein Curcit Master RE, 27mm front SB, 25mm rear adj. w/ tie rod, Suspension Techniques Lightweight front camber arms, 10lb TrackLite Rims, Hooiser TrackSlicks, Custom Motor Mounts, Sparco Seats, Lokar 6pt. roll cage, front rear strut bars, this list is endless. 301whp and 202wtq and every bit gets down to the ground, every bit. The stock motor shifts at 9000rpm hardcore style for 30 min sessions all day. It tops out at 158mph.
This car is stock weight except rotational parts and pulls on 2100lb SVT track mustangs by 13 car lengths. No shit I wish my si could drive like this car.
This is my tuner's car and he is a level 4 instructor for N.A.S.A., I learned all the power in the world is great, but 301whp and a professional behind the wheel is a whole nother story. I am taking lessions next Feb 06. Representing the EP3 on the track. :up:

·
Registered
288 Posts
02sik24a2 said:
This past weekend at Summit Point Raceway I road in 01 Type R w/ a K20a2 swap. It is supercharged by jackson @ 9lbs ( bone stock motor ), 6 speed w/ LSD, Tein Curcit Master RE, 27mm front SB, 25mm rear adj. w/ tie rod, Suspension Techniques Lightweight front camber arms, 10lb TrackLite Rims, Hooiser TrackSlicks, Custom Motor Mounts, Sparco Seats, Lokar 6pt. roll cage, front rear strut bars, this list is endless. 301whp and 202wtq and every bit gets down to the ground, every bit. The stock motor shifts at 9000rpm hardcore style for 30 min sessions all day. It tops out at 158mph.
This car is stock weight except rotational parts and pulls on 2100lb SVT track mustangs by 13 car lengths. No shit I wish my si could drive like this car.
This is my tuner's car and he is a level 4 instructor for N.A.S.A., I learned all the power in the world is great, but 301whp and a professional behind the wheel is a whole nother story. I am taking lessions next Feb 06. Representing the EP3 on the track. :up:

what times was he running?? i was at summit with my k20 powered em1 that i was RACING....

1.24's in my car.....
2nd on saturday and
1st on sunday

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Sound like motor pimps, lets get a motor see how much she can handle, talk about how pretty she is and how long she will be the flavor of the month. Give it a year and i bet that motor will end up in the scrap heap to never be heard from again.

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
chad said:
what times was he running?? i was at summit with my k20 powered em1 that i was RACING....

1.24's in my car.....
2nd on saturday and
1st on sunday
Yellow Integra Type R # 38. We were not racing, the car was on the track for touring laps and intructor runs on the main track. Not sure about his's times, however everyone waves him past, "brady".
Those Honda Cup are louder than street bikes, on Sat. I found trail through the woods and got bout 10ft. from the track while they were running, all motor honda really sings. Those are good times, the typeR was from CCC Motorsports #38 and there at summit alot. I saw about six other typeR's there also. Hondata,Amsoil, magnets on the car, if that helps. That red turbo NSX was a beast, huh.

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chieF rocka said:
Sound like motor pimps, lets get a motor see how much she can handle, talk about how pretty she is and how long she will be the flavor of the month. Give it a year and i bet that motor will end up in the scrap heap to never be heard from again.
Wake up on the wrong side of the street? I talking about a track car here that rides on track three times a year and short warm up drives around the town. If you are a engine builder and tuner you gotta know what your offering, when some green kid demands the most power from his motor, you won't be talking out an ass. Anyways the owner has been through 4 motors in that car, and all of them are in use in his worker's cars or shop cars. All run just fine. RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT at it best here in hick town VA. :up:

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nikos said:
who is this guy? Your instructor? Any pics?
The owner of Custom Car Care, Yorktown, VA 1 757 591 7500,
I am praying for him in FEB 06 @ VIR, Danville, VA. to be my instructor. Don't really know how to post pics. His name Mr. Wooddall. Does work for people from Flordia to NYC. I am the only one on this sight that knows the A2 can shift at 8500rpm to 9000rpm if tuned right for 30min sessions on a track all day, without blowing it up.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
chieF rocka said:
You seem a little upset lately Chief? maybe your motor will blow once you get it running too...

and could you do me a favro and explain what a motor pimp is? I have never heard that term befor?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts