Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
LuLz que?
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the oil plug out of the z3 bottom end assuming it was similar to my TSX bottom end. There aren't any threads on the inside orifice to get a bolt in there. What would happen if I just put the plug back in and ran the type s oil pump without plugging that hole?

I still have the z3 oil pump . . . I guess I could put that back on to make things simple.

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
I pulled the oil plug out of the z3 bottom end assuming it was similar to my TSX bottom end. There aren't any threads on the inside orifice to get a bolt in there. What would happen if I just put the plug back in and ran the type s oil pump without plugging that hole?

I still have the z3 oil pump . . . I guess I could put that back on to make things simple.
use the z3 pump...there an thread, I believe by talonxracer...points out major benefits

·
LuLz que?
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
use the z3 pump...there an thread, I believe by talonxracer...points out major benefits
I really don't care about the car vibrating, if thats what it has to do with.

I remember seeing something about using z3 shafts in a ?k24a2? pump housing. I'm gonna look around a little bit. :up:

·
LuLz que?
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm gonna go ahead and throw the SI oil pump back on. How do you time this thing? Does the dot go between the two dark links and the single dark link go where the line when the line is facing the arrow on the block?

·
Registered
326 Posts
RAM A BOLT IN THERE AND MAKE YOUR OWN THREADS.. THats what I did..

·
LuLz que?
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could have swore there was a thread discussing this combo. Let me look.
BTW, how you doin Matticus? The family all good and resettled now?
LOL Man this semester has been a beast dude and I'm glad it is finally over. So, much stress from so many different direction. But, yea, we are good, not quite settled but, we are good. Got all the interior walls up and we started blowing texture last week. We weren't going to do any of the work until I decided to take the xmas holidays off instead of taking a winter mini lit class. - - thanks for asking man!!!!!!

Get back with me on this if you get a chance. I still have the oil pump off the car. I don't know which pump I should use. I would rather use the type s simply because I know those things will hold up at redline. Then again from doing a little reading, the SI pumps should be fine but, I have no experience with them either.

And another thing, if I use the SI pump, I need to double check how to time the it. Line the dot on the pump gear up with the arrow on the pump case, put the dot between the two dark links, motor at TDC, put the single dark link on the arrow that is on the crank gear. Is that correct?

Which pump do you think I should I use Signal?

·
Registered
326 Posts
did you have to machine some of the engine block to mount the oil pump?
John at hytech told me for 100 he would machine down the girdle, I just cut the pump like they do for the k24's so when we can tune the new SI, i can just swap it over to another motor no problem.

·
LuLz que?
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
did you have to machine some of the engine block to mount the oil pump?
Not the block, the pump. There is absolutely nothing to trimming down part of the bracing. It is very minor work that needs to be done. I can take a picture of mine if you would like to see what I'm talking about.

·
LuLz que?
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
John at hytech told me for 100 he would machine down the girdle, I just cut the pump like they do for the k24's so when we can tune the new SI, i can just swap it over to another motor no problem.
Are you running a type s pump on a z3 lower end? Did you just tap the plug hole?

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
LOL Man this semester has been a beast dude and I'm glad it is finally over. So, much stress from so many different direction. But, yea, we are good, not quite settled but, we are good. Got all the interior walls up and we started blowing texture last week. We weren't going to do any of the work until I decided to take the xmas holidays off instead of taking a winter mini lit class. - - thanks for asking man!!!!!!

Get back with me on this if you get a chance. I still have the oil pump off the car. I don't know which pump I should use. I would rather use the type s simply because I know those things will hold up at redline. Then again from doing a little reading, the SI pumps should be fine but, I have no experience with them either.

And another thing, if I use the SI pump, I need to double check how to time the it. Line the dot on the pump gear up with the arrow on the pump case, put the dot between the two dark links, motor at TDC, put the single dark link on the arrow that is on the crank gear. Is that correct?

Which pump do you think I should I use Signal?
Good to hear man, :up:
I would use the Si pump if it is a daily. The A2 if you are tracking it and need a baffle.
Snap a pic of the bottom of the Z3 block and the gear. I am sure someone will chime in.
My understanding is that the Z3 would need the plug to run the A2 pump just like the K24 motors, all I did was thread it and use a M12 bolt w/some loctite if I remember correctly, been a while lol.
Suprfast has a thread in the DIY with pics, add yours there too.

·
LuLz que?
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good to hear man, :up:
I would use the Si pump if it is a daily. The A2 if you are tracking it and need a baffle.
Snap a pic of the bottom of the Z3 block and the gear. I am sure someone will chime in.
My understanding is that the Z3 would need the plug to run the A2 pump just like the K24 motors, all I did was thread it and use a M12 bolt w/some loctite if I remember correctly, been a while lol.
Suprfast has a thread in the DIY with pics, add yours there too.
I will try to post some pictures in a little while. I daily drive this thing but, I'm so used to driving cars with solid mounts, that the rattles and shakes don't bother me much. I may go ahead and throw the SI pump on though. I have a forged bottom end 2.4 I plan to use the type s pump on. :dance:

·
LuLz que?
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Take a look at the single dark link up top and the two dark links down low.

It's not dead on but, you get the idea LOL If you put this on the motor with the dot between the 2 dark links it should be timed with the motor correct?

·
LuLz que?
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
It's not dead on but, you get the idea LOL If you put this on the motor with the dot between the 2 dark links it should be timed with the motor correct?

Yeah, line the two dots with the two links.
Can't see anyother way to do it :silly:

·
LuLz que?
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks man :up:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Are you running a type s pump on a z3 lower end? Did you just tap the plug hole?

Yes its a z3 bottem end in a new si, I didnt even tap the hole... its aluminum... i just forced a bolt in there with thread lock and didnt take it out. The bolts threads cut its own threads.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts