Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search but found nothing, is there any positive results from doing this??? I was told that the TSX intake cam is less aggressive than the type S but that the type s exhaust cam is less than the TSX...
Just wondering if there's some cheap power to be found in this..I just got a TSX motor and my friend grenaded his Type S by dropping valves..I'm taking some of the parts like the VTC and he told me about the cam...

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
I am doing it with my motor. I have also been told that it will give you a little more power but have yet to see it myself.

just so you know though when you change over to the RSX-S cam it is suggested that you switch out to the RSX-S or the IPS OEM recomended valve springs just to be sure that the valvetrain can handle the more aggresive cam. This includes springs retainers and the valve seats. I was also told you may have to replace the valve seals at the same time. not to sure on that last one though...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank for the info Jon, I planned to upgrade the valvetrain while I attempted this any way to be safe... I figure you have to change the seals cause when you remove the seats/ locaters you'll probably mess them up anyways trying to get the seats out... at least thats what happened when i had to replace a seat with my B-series head.. Keep me posted on your progress, I plan to have my engine in by next week..

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
i already have ITR cams in my cousins k24 motor, car runs good, smoooth as hell.. so far no problems with valvetrain, i mean the stock tsx exhaust cam is bigger than the ITR in both primary lobes and vtec lobe, so why wouldnt the valvetrain hold up against puny ITR cams?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
chameleon said:
i already have ITR cams in my cousins k24 motor, car runs good, smoooth as hell.. so far no problems with valvetrain, i mean the stock tsx exhaust cam is bigger than the ITR in both primary lobes and vtec lobe, so why wouldnt the valvetrain hold up against puny ITR cams?
Well both of you guys will have more time with your motors running befor I get mine running, so you guys can keep me posted...

Chameleon what is your Cus' revlimiter set at?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.