Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
... if its cheap I wanna check it out... its for a newER civic FD/FG/FA/FN chassis..what does he want for it???

·
Registered
326 Posts
that ecu can not be modified for k pro

its only use is on that same year and model car it came out of

·
Registered
88 Posts
im 80 percent sure that ur car will run with the computer, but it is not able 2 b tuned. i was also under the impression that u can have it kpro'd, but most people who use this computer dont have that done cuz its more expensive the a prb ecu.... i am probably wrong, but jus putting it out there

·
Registered
326 Posts
is it drive by wire, or just use the 05 up engine harness
Yes its DBW, the ecu has no controls for IAC and it needs a MAF sensor to run.

im 80 percent sure that ur car will run with the computer, but it is not able 2 b tuned. i was also under the impression that u can have it kpro'd, but most people who use this computer dont have that done cuz its more expensive the a prb ecu.... i am probably wrong, but jus putting it out there
No, your a littel off, well a lot, a close quote of Dickhead from Hondata, The new honda ecus are different then any of the older ecus, (06+) Hondata can reflash those ecus, but they use a CAN interface not an ISO, so you cant use K-pro, because K pro is meant for another type of computer language.

the people who have made Kpro work in there cars either are using an RSX harness with a K-pro'd ecu and no dash function, or they are running a Dual ecu set up where the Kpro's ecu runs the engine, and the stock ecu runs the dash and other things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts