Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Question is for PACMAN and all the other peeps with Real time experience. No Internet junkie's pls. Whats the deal with Cutting Tensioner Bracket, HOOD clearance, Fuel rail, and the MM size of the TWM's For a stock k20, race header, Kpro etc etc, and a cammed K20a. 50 to small, 52 perfect etc etc. ITS a street car.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
SFWDcoupe said:
This Question is for PACMAN and all the other peeps with Real time experience. No Internet junkie's pls. Whats the deal with Cutting Tensioner Bracket, HOOD clearance, Fuel rail, and the MM size of the TWM's For a stock k20, race header, Kpro etc etc, and a cammed K20a. 50 to small, 52 perfect etc etc. ITS a street car.
Thanks guys

I'll give you all the INFO today...

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
hey whats up man... i am doing this right now as we speak.... whatever you do, make sure that TWM sends you the ITB's with the throttle bracket on coming from the driver side of the throttle bodies. The ones that usually come with it will make it very difficult for you to adjust the throttle cable and the throttle cable gets all weird if you do it that way. There is no way around the tensioner ear, you HAVE to cut it off, the runners are in the way , so you will have to chop it off. Whatever you do, do not cut off that Vaccum bolt thing on the water pump housing, that needs to be rerouted into the intake manifold. TWM has suggested me to go with the 52mm air horns, thats what they sent me, and they also recommened me to use the RC 440 injectors. My ITB's are in a EG civic, so all i had to do was cut out the hood a lil bit and thats it. I still need to get the clutch in and fix my hub.... oh and to tension the belt, i got custom studs made to extend the alternator out using locking nuts, i think this is the best way to do it so far.... i will post up pics soon......

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So who got pictures? ANYBODY here have a ITR front end. Im really not trying to cut my J's racing hood. Is the rumor true that Jenevy is coming out with some redesigned throttle bodies with 100% hood clearing ? Anyway. with the extended alternator bolts, now do you space it out and lock it in? Let me know, im pulling out my hair!!!!!

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
im getting as custom belt made at Goodyear.... its 7 ribbed...the thing is, i see that most people are runing the 4-5 ribbed belts... its kinda scarey for me, so i just took the time out to measure and went to goodyear and ordered a custom belt, it only costs 55 bucks, but at least it fits perfect..

·
Registered
24 Posts
just got my 52mm TWM setup too... i would really like to see some pics of how eveyone else cut the top off of their bracket and if there is a part # for the belt i need to be using. PLEASE!!

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Is anyone running these in there daily driver?

·
www.jdmyard.com
262 Posts
update:

problem1:map sensor hole that come with the twm itb doenst fit stock honda map sensor

solution:drill a bigger hole and a new screew hole for map sensor

problem 2: throttle linkage hitting the indle pulley bracket, even tho i chop the bracket off

solution: grind it more, but becareful

problem3:you cant use idle control valve with itbs, idles is fucked

solution : none

problme4: the seller of the itb;s send me the injectors without clips, big fucked up

solution: spend more money in buying new clips

problme5: the fuel rail/injectors and half of the trumpets hanging out of the bonnet

solution: making a bonnet scoop

conclusion: definitely not a bolt on job, lots of custom cutting/fabrication needed.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Do you think it would be possible to run these with P/S?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.