All motor will be k24/20 looking to get 270/290 whp
12.5 comp supertech pistons 88 mm
Cams I don't know yet
Supertech valve train
Dtr header

Turbo
Will be a stock k20a2 with a Peakboost gt35r

What do you guys think or do
My budget is $4000 and I all ready have kpro mounts etc etc to do the swap and is going into a integra but I can decide what to do
Any input

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't know man. That's a pretty tough call on that budget. Don't get me wrong that's a good chunk of money and can get you some nice parts but:

It doesn't sound like you have a motor yet. Is this four thousand for the motor and mods?

All-motor wise: I think everyone on here would agree that if you want 250+ and your somewhat on a budget then going NA isn't the best route. To gain that type of power (280/290) then you will need more than $4,000.

Forced Induction wise: Im not too sure how much the peakboost kits are but I do know that people like them along side full-race. A full-race kit will run at least $4000.

You're going to be cutting it very close with one scenario and far from your goal on another. Don't worry though you can still have fun and have lots moe power with what you've got. What motor do you have currently? B-series?

Here's what I suggest:

If you don't have a motor then just worry about saving for that because you'll need all that 4,000 for that plus unexpected costs. Unfortunately things never go perfectly. And if that's all the money that you can put towards something now, then that's perfectly fine. Probably compared to what your motor is now, you'll see a huge difference. Heck a stock k20a2 would romp in a teg!

Don't do what I did. Way out every possible solution. Don't go spend money on a k20a2 when 2yrs down the road you decide you want a k24. Just don't buy something because you have the money. Make sure this swap and the plans for future mode to the swap will satisfy you. I made the mistake of paying for a b18c-r motor because my buddy had it easiy accessible and now I'm buying a whole new motor 1yr later because I jumped into things.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the 2 motor complete k20a2 and I got the k24 block and another k20 head so I don't need to buy a motor and I think 4000 is good for a na build Piston 500
Connecting rod 500
Bearings 150
Head gasket valve seals 100
Supertech valve springs 300
Cams 1000
Machine shop 750

And a Peakboost turbo kit is 4200
I allready have everything else but I don't know if I should go turbo or na

·
Rebuilding phase
8,450 Posts
I got the 2 motor complete k20a2 and I got the k24 block and another k20 head so I don't need to buy a motor and I think 4000 is good for a na build Piston 500
Connecting rod 500
Bearings 150
Head gasket valve seals 100
Supertech valve springs 300
Cams 1000
Machine shop 750

And a Peakboost turbo kit is 4200
I allready have everything else but I don't know if I should go turbo or na
NA is def. not slow. Its pretty easy to make good numbers with cams pistons and rods. Lets not forget intake and headers either, theres a good chunk of money to be spent there too if you're looking for good na power.

·
Rebuilding phase
8,450 Posts
I always figure that building a nice NA setup and a nice turbo setup are usually about the same price. It all comes down to what you want to do with the car.

·
Registered
563 Posts
i know this is a little off course but you also have to think about how you will be putting all this extra power to good use as far a hooking up. K motors spin alot, whether its turbo or all motor. Just something for you to think about when your spending!:D

·
Registered
238 Posts
For me depend what setup purpose u going for it, either its was your daily drive car or toys car
like me everydays drive about 100+ miles a days, weekend as track days and also drag so i keep it NA for good fuel consumption

so NA was always best for me

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tires I'm going to use bfs drags I got tractions bar
Well I allready have a Eg with 272 whp but I want to build a motor that is faster than the Eg
so if I get a 400 plus turbo charge I wonder if it will be faster that the hatch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts