Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here is my issue, the hose that I highlighted in green is leaking coolant. I currently have a bolt inserted and twisted into the end of the hose with a clamp around it and its still leaking. I want to seal it permanently if I can and get rid of a hose all together. Ideas?

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
Alright here is my issue, the hose that I highlighted in green is leaking coolant. I currently have a bolt inserted and twisted into the end of the hose with a clamp around it and its still leaking. I want to seal it permanently if I can and get rid of a hose all together. Ideas?

pull out nipple tap and seal....

·
Registered
671 Posts
a pair if vice grips will pull it right out, then 1/8npt tap and it's done. I put my gauge temp sender there. Where did you put yours?

·
Premium Member
3,082 Posts
None, the b series....or d series (I can't remember) temp sender is threaded 1/8npt. The hole, once you pull the nipple out is perfect for tapping to 1/8npt.
so you pulled the fitting out, tapped the hole with a 1/8npt tap and put the sensor directly in, right?

·
Registered
671 Posts
You want the temp sender to be closer to the head as that is the temp you want to be monitoring, not the lower radiator hose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts