Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok gotta guy selling brand new k24a2 tsx motor good price but then ill need a rsx tranny. but my question is do the new hasport mounts work for the k24 in a 90 crx im not worried about hood clearence i just wanna know if i buy this motor will it work as far as instalation meaning the same stuff required for k20 install and k24 install. sorry about all these new threads but im ready to buy a k20 but then this good deal on tsx motor came and now im confused...

·
Registered
178 Posts
You WILL need to change the intake manifold and throttle body. b/c the tsx is drive by wire, also you will need to block off a coolant passage when you swap intake manifolds. Hope this gets you in the right direction.

·
Registered
151 Posts
importrza said:
You WILL need to change the intake manifold and throttle body. b/c the tsx is drive by wire, also you will need to block off a coolant passage when you swap intake manifolds. Hope this gets you in the right direction.
Dont have to change the manifold, just get a adapter for the TB.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The thing is I might be replacing the k20 for a k24/k20 hybrid soon and i was wondering how high it would sit in the engine bay and whats the part you need to buy from honda to used with the k24 and hasport mount ? oh and one more thing, do u need that part if you do a k24/k20 swap

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.