Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
NOR*CAL
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any pics of how they tapped the head. the bigger hole is a solid cylinder shape and will easily take threads and seal. however i dont know if how the smaller hole, being so thin if it will properly seal or if anyone had any pics on how they did it. i dont want to rush into things and would rather see first hand. thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
you only need to tap the one hole...

the other hole doesn't go anywhere

what mani are you planni on using?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
I thought you were not supposed to weld it shut?

didn't someone have a bad experience doing that?
I thought i was told that that port was critical to coolant circulation?

·
Banned
15,815 Posts
Ok.. Someone had problems when they plugged it because shavings got to the motor.

If you weld it shut, you have to route the water another way to it get to the thermostat. I would recommend against shutting it but a few people that have done this, have no problems with it.

·
Banned
15,815 Posts
allmtrallday said:
is this a picture of the finished product? didnt look into welding the head since its aluminum, and could warp.
yeah, but if you put your finger in the hole you will see that there is not a lot of material to thread

This is what hasport made but it is not yet for sale

maybe you can make something like that?

·
NOR*CAL
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nikos said:
yeah, but if you put your finger in the hole you will see that there is not a lot of material to thread

This is what hasport made but it is not yet for sale

maybe you can make something like that?
thats what i was worried about, the lack of material where the threading needs to be. shit that piece would make my day man. no progress on that part?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
was it Toda that just posted he would be selling his RBC mani and ported Accord TB within the next few weeks?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Nope... It was H2nr, maybe you can work something out...

H2nr said:
The RBC mani seem to work but I think its on the small side for this big of an engine so we are going to make our own for next year. I run NDRA C4 so I have to stay with a mani, although I would love to see what it would do with ITBs. My RBC mani and overbored TB will be for sale in a few weeks if anyone is interested in them.
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5828

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
If not you could probly make something similar to the Hasport piece out of some sheet metal...

·
Registered
475 Posts
yo any pics of urs

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.