Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 Civic VX. I just picked up my k24A2 and it came with all the wiring still on it. Due to the drive-by-wire throttle on the TSX harness I just recently purchased an EP3/Base RSX engine harness.

My plan was to use the TSX charge harness with the EP3 wiring harness. The EP3 plugs all line up with the TSX sensors except for the crank pulley sensor. This harness also doesn't have the reverse lock-out for those running six speed trannies.

Here's the problem. The TSX charge harness doesn't plug into the EP3 engine harness. The TSX charge harness has a 6 pin connector with 5 wires in it. The EP3 engine harness has an 8 pin connector with 8 wires in it. Also the TSX has the starter signal on the charge harness while the EP3 has the starter signal on the engine harness.

I also haven't been able to find the O2 sensor on the EP3 engine harness.

Who has done this or who can help with this? I know there are a lot of guys out there trying to run this setup cause i have been reading the other posts. Some one shed some light for us..

·
Registered
501 Posts
nikos said:
I am in the same boat... I am just going to buy the EP3 charging harness for $70 + shipping

http://www.hondapartssource.com/lut...y5=ENGINE+WIRE+HARNESS&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

So much money in this swap... I don;t think another $80 is going to hurt me that much more :p
sounds like a plan nikos...probably gonna go the same way because i dont think anyone has ever done this to verify if it works or not. Hey...let me know how your swap goes since im about where you are...a bit behind. I would have my motor in the car at least by now but unfortunatly im driving my ek to work and back right now so im trying to get all i need and planning a week to have the swap in a running so gotta get all the parts first :D

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really don't want to buy an EP3 charge harness not because of the money issue, but more of a challenge i know it can work if we just sit down and think about it.

8 Pin Plug on Engine Harness (EP3/Base RSX) Wire Colors
red/yellow---white/red---white/green---black/yellow
green/white--yellow/red--red/blue------white/blue

6 Pin Plug on Charge Harness (TSX) Wire Colors
black/yellow---white/green---white/red
white/blue-----red/blue-------empty

The EP3/Base harness has all five wires the TSX charge harness call for, 4 alternator wires(black/yellow,white/green,white/red,white/blue) and the knock sensor wire(red/blue) For this you can pull the plug off of the TSX engine harness and pin it into the EP3/Base engine harness. The only problem is that the EP3/Base engine harness has 3 extra wires (red/yellow,green/white,yellow/red) I just need to figure out where these 3 go. If anyone knows or has an EP3/Base charge harness that can look at it and let us know what extra plug it has on it. I can try to finish the puzzle.

·
Registered
126 Posts
HondaFreak said:
I really don't want to buy an EP3 charge harness not because of the money issue, but more of a challenge i know it can work if we just sit down and think about it.
Your best bet would be to get a service manual for an EP3 and then one for the TSX, and compare the wiring diagrams to find out what wires go to where. You can find the Civic SI/RSX PDF manuals online... but I have yet to see one for the TSX.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts