Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having overheating issues in my ep3 k24 so I noticed coolant on the floor. Looks like its coming out of the coolant line in the pic.
I plugged it up and the overheating issues went away. Does this line belong somewhere?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just for clarification it appears the line is coming from the radiator but I'm not sure where its supposed to go into

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looks like it would be for the coolant reserve tank. Stock tank is located on the passenger side of the radiator. The hose would run from the top of the radiator (right below the fill cap) down into the tank.

When the engine/coolant warms up it expands, this expanding coolant has to go somewhere. The reserve tank is designed to take that expanding coolant and hold it. When the engine cools back down the coolant is sucked back into the radiator. If that hose is for the reserve tank blocking it off is not a permanent fix and should be addressed immediately.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like it would be for the coolant reserve tank. Stock tank is located on the passenger side of the radiator. The hose would run from the top of the radiator (right below the fill cap) down into the tank.

When the engine/coolant warms up it expands, this expanding coolant has to go somewhere. The reserve tank is designed to take that expanding coolant and hold it. When the engine cools back down the coolant is sucked back into the radiator. If that hose is for the reserve tank blocking it off is not a permanent fix and should be addressed immediately.
awesome. I will try this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts